budget not viewing in mobile app

I have a budget setup in my desktop, but on the mobile app it states no budget available. I did do the one update they recommended. Any suggestions? I am using quicken 20198

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    What version if Quicken Mobile do you have?
    And is it iOS or Android?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    App Version : 5.3.0 (38.11382.4012)

iOS SDK: 12.0

Model : iPad6,12

DatasetId : 136828314308933888

I also tried it on android vs 5.4.0 and same problem. Same problem with quicken web.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Patty said:

App Version : 5.3.0 (38.11382.4012)

iOS SDK: 12.0

Model : iPad6,12

DatasetId : 136828314308933888

I also tried it on android vs 5.4.0 and same problem. Same problem with quicken web.

Have you tried resetting your cloud data?

I forgot to ask what Desktop version you are using.
    Here is how to do it on Windows:
    Help -> Preferences -> Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts -> Reset your cloud data

Here is a link where Quicken Sarah describes how to do it for Mac:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-deluxe-2018-mac-and-ipad-app-doesn-t-match?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][reply_id]=19797590#reply_19797590
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I am using windows 10 home version. If I go to preferences>quicken id,sync & alerts. There isn't an option for reset cloud data. There is an option for web and mobile get started. I clicked the get started and it brings me to my sync page, which I do but it doesn't show my budgets.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Patty said:

I am using windows 10 home version. If I go to preferences>quicken id,sync & alerts. There isn't an option for reset cloud data. There is an option for web and mobile get started. I clicked the get started and it brings me to my sync page, which I do but it doesn't show my budgets.

You can try this procedure:

First go to the "Cloud Accounts" and note the Cloud Account Name, if not changed it should be the same as your data file name.

Next create a new data file: File -> New Quicken File -> OK
    Sign in with the same Quicken Id, you can set Mobile data to off.
    Select Add Account and then just cancel out of the next dialog.

Go to: Edit -> Preferences -> Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID(x)

That will take you to a dialog where you can delete the cloud data for the original data file.

From there you can switch back to the original file and if you do a One Step Update, your cloud account will be recreated.

After that you may or may not have to setup Quicken Mobile again, but hopefully it will at least not show "Get Started" when it is already setup.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Ok I did this, and I still get the same results of the get started button when it is already setup. However, I played around with the new quicken file, called "test" and I could get it to download budgets, and everything worked great.

One thing I notice on the mobile and web page tab in desktop quicken, on my original data file the quicken id is blank, although under preferences>quicken id it shows my original quicken id entered.
    On the test tile on the mobile and web page tab in desktop quicken, the quicken id is filled in with my original quicken id.
    Any suggestions?

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Patty said:

Ok I did this, and I still get the same results of the get started button when it is already setup. However, I played around with the new quicken file, called "test" and I could get it to download budgets, and everything worked great.

One thing I notice on the mobile and web page tab in desktop quicken, on my original data file the quicken id is blank, although under preferences>quicken id it shows my original quicken id entered.
    On the test tile on the mobile and web page tab in desktop quicken, the quicken id is filled in with my original quicken id.
    Any suggestions?

Well if deleting the cloud data didn't do the trick, I'm out of ideas.

You might try Quicken Support to see if they have any ideas.
    http://quicken.com/contact-support
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Patty said:

Any suggestions?

Actually one more thought.

Try logging out and back into Quicken with your Quicken Id.
    Edit -> Preferences -> Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts -> Sign in as a different user
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Patty said:

Any suggestions?

Another user just had this problem, and found a solution that works for him.
    Maybe it will work for you:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/budget-will-not-show-up-online?topic-reply-list[settings][filter_by]=all&topic-reply-list[settings][reply_id]=19803556#reply_19803556
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I logged out and back into Quicken desktop with my Quicken id.  After some failed one step updates, I was now able to reset cloud data. After the reset cloud data and another one step update and sync I now have my budgets in Quicken mobile!!! 

Thank you so much for your help!!

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Patty said:

I logged out and back into Quicken desktop with my Quicken id.  After some failed one step updates, I was now able to reset cloud data. After the reset cloud data and another one step update and sync I now have my budgets in Quicken mobile!!! 

Thank you so much for your help!!

Lot of work!

I'm glad you finally got it working.
This discussion has been closed.