Expand mini report for Payee

TJTJ Member ✭✭
It would be a great feature to go to Payee>select mini report for>12 months> get the average for that period>THEN be able to select a date from that drop down list> take you to the register, and repeat the procedure again for a another previous 12 months. With this you could look at average electric usage for a year from a selected date, then easily look at the average from another 12 month period from the new .selected date to immediately compare electric usage for any other 12 month period of time. Not understanding? ... please reply!
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm assuming this is for QWin?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • TJTJ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    For Quicken Windows! I'm using 2017 Deluxe
    edited October 2018
    TJ said:

Have you tried the All Transactions register and used the date filters and Search filters? It won't give you an average, but I find it handy to look at trends.
  • TJTJ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    TJ said:

In trying to show my wife how to use Quicken she asked if we could compare utility usage for the same period year to year for 3 different utilities, Using Reports and a calculator,  I showed her it could be done. She thought Quicken was designed for things like that, I thought...good point!  She was interested in trying to see if switching to all LED bulbs in the house last year saved us any money, and how long it would take to pay the new bulbs off for a net savings, also if turning off the pilot light in the gas fireplace for 7 months last summer made any affect on our natural gas bill / and or our A/C bill. The report and calculator route is cumbersome, and yes I use "All Accounts" and "All Transactions" to help get data all the time. Quite frankly though I think my idea is a great one if it could be implemented. Quicken can get any information you need using "work arounds" but Quicken should be about getting information quickly and easily, not how to use a work arounds and a calculator to get as close to the answer as you can. Is Quicken still interested in improving it's product? Are they considering new ideas? I know the super uses do all you can to help by providing work arounds, but just a "that's a good idea" once in a while might be good to hear too! Thanks for the help MS.
    edited October 2018
    TJ said:

To the best of my knowledge they are always looking for good suggestions.

I'm not sure I'm getting the exact flow you're suggesting for the mini report. Can you post a couple screen captures to illustrate it?

Also, have you tried the comparison reports?
  • TJTJ Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    TJ said:

I'll try in more detail here a little later...it's hard to explain and screenshots won't help.