Released Today Mobile App 5.4 Credit card balances are wrong

rwmol
rwmol Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Using the Mobile App
Everything was working just fine except for one minor glitch up until today. On the Home Page and Banking & Credit page the Credit card balances are off by many thousands of dollars. As an example my Bank of America Card balance is actually $1,674.68 and the balance shown on the Banking & Credit page is $12,125.32. My other two cards are way off also. 

Comments

• Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I see this, as well, on mobile app version 5.40.
    I think what is happening is that the app is now displaying the amount of credit remaining  in each account, rather than the balance of the account. This appears to affect all credit accounts, not just credit cards. For example, I have a HELOC account, and it shows the amount of credit remaining.

This problem seems to be limited to the mobile app. Quicken online displays the balances correctly.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Me too. My Checking and Savings balances are OK. My investment balances are OK. The credit balances for my 3 credit cards and my Line of Credit are showing the "credit remaining" balances on the Today's Balance screen instead of the balances. I reset my cloud data twice, deleted and reinstalled the app and still no change. It looks like a simple programming error for mapping the balances. App version 5.4.0 (11396).
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Roger M said:

I see this, as well, on mobile app version 5.40.
    I think what is happening is that the app is now displaying the amount of credit remaining  in each account, rather than the balance of the account. This appears to affect all credit accounts, not just credit cards. For example, I have a HELOC account, and it shows the amount of credit remaining.

This problem seems to be limited to the mobile app. Quicken online displays the balances correctly.

Good find, Roger M.  I'm confirming your observation.  The online balances are showing correctly.

This is becoming a real disappointment.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Yes. This does seem to be the case. It seems to me that this was intentional, not an error. If so. it would have been nice to mention this change in the release notes.
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

Yes. This does seem to be the case. It seems to me that this was intentional, not an error. If so. it would have been nice to mention this change in the release notes.

I vote this to be a different "reporting category", then.  The balances reported for each credit account should mirror what's being reported in the pc application.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

They actually are. When on the "Online Balance" screen, you will see the debit balance for Credit Cards that match the balance on the pc application. This new version is a change but does provide the correct information.
  • Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

If the title on the mobile app said "Credit Remaining", versus "Today's Balance", I think it would be more clear to us??
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

Agreed
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This issue seams to be fixed.
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

Yes, it seems to be. But I did have to reset my cloud data in order for it to display correctly.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm having the same issue...the credit balances are not correct...not sure why some are reporting that the error has been fixed...maybe I missed something?
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Michael said:

I'm having the same issue...the credit balances are not correct...not sure why some are reporting that the error has been fixed...maybe I missed something?

Michael,
    As I said earlier, I had to reset my cloud data for the credit account balances to display correctly.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Michael said:

I did reset my cloud data several times but the credit account balances are still not displayed correctly
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Same issue. Today's Balance is wrong; it's taking the available credit limit on one of my credit card accounts and applying it as the balance. The other card is displaying normally. Tried resetting cloud data and deleting/re-installing the app but it's still wrong.

Rolled back to iOS app version 5.2.1 and it's working correctly so obviously something is wrong with the newest version. Quelle surprise?!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Sam said:

Same issue. Today's Balance is wrong; it's taking the available credit limit on one of my credit card accounts and applying it as the balance. The other card is displaying normally. Tried resetting cloud data and deleting/re-installing the app but it's still wrong.

Rolled back to iOS app version 5.2.1 and it's working correctly so obviously something is wrong with the newest version. Quelle surprise?!

Agreed Sam..The first screen of the app should not show the available credit balance as a summary and neither should "Today's Balance"..the "Projected Balance" is not a projection since it describes the actual balance due on the credit item and IT should be "Today's Balance"...no idea what the "Online Balance" describes. 
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Indeed. It's not fixed.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Make sure you have performed a Sync now from the mobile/app tab (desktop), then view the mobile app.  The app will open and "refresh" after a bit.  I've seen the credit card balance show incorrectly at times.  To correct, swipe down from the middle of the screen (iOS) and the balances will refresh again - this time should be accurate.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    GeoffG said:

Make sure you have performed a Sync now from the mobile/app tab (desktop), then view the mobile app.  The app will open and "refresh" after a bit.  I've seen the credit card balance show incorrectly at times.  To correct, swipe down from the middle of the screen (iOS) and the balances will refresh again - this time should be accurate.

Thanks for the suggestions but I tried all that and no dice. I rolled back to 5.2.1 and all is well again.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    GeoffG said:

Thanks Geoffg. That temporary fix does seem to work.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This issue has not been fixed. I just reset my data again today, October 20, 2018. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Today's balance is showing the Credit Remaining total. The online balance is showing something that doesn't match anything and the projected balance is correct. If you look at the screen with all account types and accounts listed, the projected balance is correct for all of them. The online balance is wrong and meaningless and the Today's balance is correct for everything except the credit accounts. The algorithm is picking up the balances from the Quicken data file and mapping them to the wrong locations in some accounts on the app. There's a feedback tool on the app. I'm going to continue to send this error daily using this tool until the issue is fixed.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

The balance needs to be mapped correctly, not the name of the heading. When you first open the app, the balances of all of the accounts of all types should show Today's Balances. Checking accounts do not have Credit Remaining.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

You are lucky. It is still not fixed for me or others.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Sam said:

The Online Balance is a mystery to me. It doesn't match anything on my PC file. I project my credit balance several months in advance using the Manage Bill and Income Reminders and have the software enter the future recurring transactions automatically. All of my projected balances are equal to the final balance in each account register.  All that needs to be fixed is for today's balance to be mapped to Today's Balance in the app. And for the online balance showing on the desktop application to be mapped to the online balance.  Projected balance is fine.
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

Colin,
    What I did was reset the cloud data from the desktop (Edit >> Preferences >>Quicken ID, Synch and Alerts >> Reset Your Cloud Data).

Then, I followed up by Synching from the desktop (Mobile & Web tab >> Synch Now blue button).

Then, I open the mobile app, log out of it, and then log back in (I found this step was important).

I found that all 3 steps were necessary to completely reset everything and have the balances display correctly.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Sam said:

I believe the "Online Balance" is the balance as reported during the last transaction download from your bank. I personally rarely download transactions from my bank, so my online balance is always some wacky amount.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

Yes, did all of that several times. Went even further and deleted the app altogether after deleting the app cache and app data.  Maybe you're using iPhone? They may have fixed the iPhone app and not the Android app which is what I'm using.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Sam said:

I download balances daily, and the online balance shown on the desktop Quicken account register does indeed match the online balance from the bank. But the online balance on the app is not related to any online balance. And I noticed that that particular balance has been the same value since the date of the last app update, around October 10. My credit balances change daily as I use my card several times per day. This is not something we can fix. It has to be fixed by Quicken, since they broke it on the last update. Everything was fine on the previous iteration.
  • Roger M
    Roger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    rwmol said:

Nope, I'm using a Galaxy S8+.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    I have 2 bank accounts (at the same bank) and one credit card account that are off on either the current balance or the online balance.  I have another bank account at a different bank and another credit card account that are showing correct balances.  I have tried all the recommended "fixes" but nothing has resolved the issue. Very frustrated with Quicken, both mobile and desktop applications,  due to these updating and syncing issues.
  • rwmol
    rwmol Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The mobile app is now showing the correct balances. What I did to correct the issue is to sign in as a new user. Should you try this, you will need to go to Edit>Preferences and Quicken Mobile & alerts on your desktop app and click on the tab to "Get Started". Hopefully this helps. I'll see what happens in the days to follow.
This discussion has been closed.