Unidentified Securities

Options
waholmes1967
waholmes1967 Member ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Some of my 401k holdings have moved to premium class.  Now when I download, they all show up as unidentified securities even though I have added them as securities.  

Downloading from Fidelity.  Version: Quicken Home Business Rental. R14.27 build 27.1.14.27

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    In Q, did you record a sale of the Retail class funds, and a purchase of the Premium class funds?

BTW, I hold several Premium Class funds at Fidelity.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• waholmes1967
    waholmes1967 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yes, there is a sale and purchase of premium class
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Since it's a class change I'd expect that it wouldn't be accounted for as a sale and a purchase but would instead use a "mutual fund conversion".  Is there something going on here that dictates otherwise?  (That's not particularly relevant to the original question of why Quicken hasn't recognized them.)  Typically different share classes have different tickers symbols.  Have you used the correct ticker symbols here?
  • waholmes1967
    waholmes1967 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yes I have the correct symbols. Both classes show up and with the right prices. It may be from fidelity. When I reconcile shares it says that fidelity is reporting regular class shares. There are other post on this topic that suggest rebuilding the securities. But it seems involved and was hoping that there would be a faster route ,
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tom Young said:

Since it's a class change I'd expect that it wouldn't be accounted for as a sale and a purchase but would instead use a "mutual fund conversion".  Is there something going on here that dictates otherwise?  (That's not particularly relevant to the original question of why Quicken hasn't recognized them.)  Typically different share classes have different tickers symbols.  Have you used the correct ticker symbols here?

I haven't checked it with the latest release, but there is nothing in the release notes to indicate that the pricing problem with share class conversions has been fixed.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/qwp-2018-growth-of-10-000-chart-incorrect-after-...
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.