Security Name drop down in Enter Transactions no longer searches by Security Name???

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Windows)
2109/R14.27/27.1.14.27 - It is now by SYMBOL??? I type SECURITY NAME NOT THE SYMBOL because that's what the field asks for and it doesn't find a match??? Is there a setting for this?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I'm on the same release as you are, 2019 R 14.27.
    Entering a new Buy transaction, the Security Name field now displays a popup of both ticker and security name.
    Type in the security name and it narrows down the search until you arrive at the desired security. However, if you type in the ticker symbol or part thereof ... once you are at the desired security you need to click on the security in the popup field so that the dialog is updated to show the correct name and not the ticker you typed in.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    UKR said:

Entering a new Buy transaction, the Security Name field now displays a popup of both ticker and security name.
    Type in the security name and it narrows down the search until you arrive at the desired security. However, if you type in the ticker symbol or part thereof ... once you are at the desired security you need to click on the security in the popup field so that the dialog is updated to show the correct name and not the ticker you typed in.

Note in some cases you might have to type a few more characters of the security name for it to match, than you had to before.

This happened to me with one security.  The reason is because it is trying to match both the security name and the symbol, which means there can be more "overlapping characters".

And no there isn't an option to decide how to do this.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    UKR said:

The other subtlety I have noticed is that the searches are no longer limited to the beginning of the ticker or security name.  That is, if you start typing 'Ca' in a security field, both 'Time-Warner Cable' and 'Bank of America' may be offered to you as possibilities.  That is taking me some getting used to ... still. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    UKR said:

I guess that's supposed to help if you don't exactly know what the name is that you're looking for ... so, just keep typing one letter after the other until you've got it narrowed down.
This discussion has been closed.