Make Bills view back like Income and Transfers view

steve usersteve user Member ✭✭
Why was the bills changed to icons and big date lines that you cannot see but 11 items  I want bills to look like income and transfers where i can see 31 pages and the 1 line at a time not some big oversized page with only 11!

This just happened with my update and its terrible!!!  make it stop, please make it stop!!  i just installed 2018 from 2017 and updated to 2018 R10.11 when this happened.
2 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    It happened when you switched to 2018, this is what their marketing has decided the customer wants.  It VERY unlikely it will be changed at this point. This is basically changing the Online Bills tab of Quicken 2017 to one that is suppose to replace the older bills and income views.

Do note though that then Manage Manual Manual Bills and Income button (Ctrl + J) still has the older list type that can fit a lot more reminders in the window.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    QPW said:

It happened when you switched to 2018, this is what their marketing has decided the customer wants.  It VERY unlikely it will be changed at this point. This is basically changing the Online Bills tab of Quicken 2017 to one that is suppose to replace the older bills and income views.

Do note though that then Manage Manual Manual Bills and Income button (Ctrl + J) still has the older list type that can fit a lot more reminders in the window.

The Bill & Income Reminders snapshot still has the classic format.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    QPW said:

it does not work when combined
    I thought Ms. Higgins' answer might be a bit confusing, since there was a bit of missing context.

"Snapshot" refers to the reports/charts you can set when you customize the Home tab.  You will find the Bills & Income Reminders she is talking about there.

It  basically looks about the same as that I point out.
    Which BTW can also be accessed through: 

Tools -> Manage Bill & Income Reminders 

And it can also be put on your tool bar.

As for the colors:
    See this:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/custom-color-6stlhb0f2h6bk
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    QPW said:

My assumption was that if a term is not familiar, like snapshot, that the OP would ask about it or even better, search the in product Help to find out about it.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • ChicagoDan2ChicagoDan2 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    So I'm a QWin 2017 user who doesn't do online bills because of all the various issues I've seen reported on this forum.

It sounds like I would have to use workarounds to do what I can easily do now which is just see a simple list of manual bills sorted by due date in decending order and the bills fall off the top when they are paid and the paid date is past.

This is why people like me keep complaining and are furious at this company!

They are literally taking away features people use.

And since this is the direction they are going who can tell how long those workarounds will remain.

At least I have until 4/30/2020 to find a replacement.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Sometimes the software folks have to add "window dressing" to programs, so the programs look all new and shiny.  Forget about actual usage, it has to look pretty....

NEW and IMPROVED Q2018 -
    with big icons and less text and fewer line items cluttering your screen -

Quicken 2019 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Hey Quicken, this is marked as acknowledged, but is there any timeline for a fix/ improvement?  I now have a 2018 subscription I am not able to use having to go back to 2017...

any update is appreciated.

"acknowledged" doesn't mean they agree with you.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Hey Quicken, this is marked as acknowledged, but is there any timeline for a fix/ improvement?  I now have a 2018 subscription I am not able to use having to go back to 2017...

" I now have a 2018 subscription I am not able to use having to go back to 2017..."

Why not?

Quicken 2017 can use a Quicken 2018 data file, in fact you can go back as far as Quicken 2016.

Of course after two months they aren't going to give you your money back for the subscription...
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

The moderators are all Quicken employees, and yes it is their decision.

But just to be clear I think "but don't know for a fact" (from what I have seen), "acknowledged" would be something like something like "We acknowledge you have a problem with this aspect of Quicken."

And I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean "We are working on putting it back to the way it was because you don't like it."  Or "You are right it is a bug and we didn't mean to do it and we will fix it."
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

For instance here is a thread that also has "acknowledged" on it:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/nationwide-bank-with-direct-connect-online-bill-pay

And it just a thread asking people if they know of a good bank that will work with Quicken.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hello steve user,

We appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback regarding the changes to the Bills tab view in Quicken and apologize that the larger icons limit the number of bills visible in the active viewing screen and additional scrolling is necessary to see all bills listed for that time period.

We have forwarded your feedback to our Product Development teams so they may be aware and have updated this thread to be an "Idea" instead.  Idea threads may be voted on by other members of the Community and are reviewed by Development for insight on what future features/functionality our Users would like to see added.  The more votes an Idea receives, the higher it is prioritized for possible future implementation.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    You can always add Bills & Income Reminders to the Home tab.  That's about as close as you will get.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    still holding out for a better UI experience.  these buttons and that page are horribly slow compared to 2017 version.  must be something with the way the load it, but if I have more than "Due in 90 days", it nearly crashes the app.

For better performance, how about setting this view to only show "Due in 7 days" (or 14 or 30).
    For longer term forecasts use the Projected Balances view and customize it to your needs.
  • cranky_usercranky_user Member ✭✭✭
    This is one of the primary reasons I have not yet upgraded from 2017.  Yes, there is a workaround which I'll probably have to live with when I'm forced to upgrade.  But I don't have to like it and I'm going to keep complaining about it whenever I get the chance.
    Quicken Windows 2017 R19.1.  Quicken user since 1999