red flags -- however no transactions to download or review - Quicken 2019 Deluxe

Lely
Lely Member
Have a red flags.  Says 2 transactions to review or download; however, there is nothing to download or review.  I have spent 2 hours with Support with no solution.  Plus I have tried all the steps suggested to fix this problems to no avail.  Spent countless hours on this.

Also, I'm unable to Deactivate the account because of this problem.

It's incomprehensible that this problem has been going on for so long, many people have complained about this problem, but the solution to the bug has not been fixed.  Why?

I have been using Quicken for 20 years.  This just started in May.

Please advise.  Thank you for your cooperation and time.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Without knowing what you've already tried to do to address this issue, it's difficult to know what to advise.  "Have tried all steps ..." leaves us with no suggestions.

SO, can you clarify/enumerate what you've ACTUALLY tried?

Also, where specifically are you seeing these "red flags"?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Unfortunately, it is not incomprehensible.  Bugs don't tend to fix themselves which means resources need to be assigned.  As resources are limited, the tasks to which they are assigned need to be prioritized.  An issue that affects few or is deemed non-critical may not be assigned the resources necessary to correct it.  Note: To correct an issue, it needs to be understood.  If it is reproducible, it helps. 

Quicken support and this forum primarily attempt to work around issues that have not been addressed.  Unless you specify precisely what you have tried, you'll likely to receive repeat suggestions.  It's certainly possible the data file is corrupt and not repairable.  So, if you've really already tried everything including using your data file backups from before the issue appeared, what you're left with is creating a new data file.

• Lely
    Lely Member
    edited May 2020

Unfortunately, it is not incomprehensible.  Bugs don't tend to fix themselves which means resources need to be assigned.  As resources are limited, the tasks to which they are assigned need to be prioritized.  An issue that affects few or is deemed non-critical may not be assigned the resources necessary to correct it.  Note: To correct an issue, it needs to be understood.  If it is reproducible, it helps. 

Quicken support and this forum primarily attempt to work around issues that have not been addressed.  Unless you specify precisely what you have tried, you'll likely to receive repeat suggestions.  It's certainly possible the data file is corrupt and not repairable.  So, if you've really already tried everything including using your data file backups from before the issue appeared, what you're left with is creating a new data file.

I followed all the steps outlined here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-2018-transactions-to-review-bug.

Plus my Case #02182566

Plus been working on other suggestions found in the community.
    I also have Validate the File; Ran and clean uninstall, installed, ran patch QW27.1.14.27MPatch.EXE

Please advise if you know of any other procedures I can employ.  Thank you.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Did you perform the recommended Copy before the Validate? 

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-says-there-are-transactions-accept-i-do-not-see-any
  • Lely
    Lely Member
    edited May 2020

Yes, I went through this procedure.  Flags don't disappear (
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I am not sure this will help.  A red flag could also be a bill or income reminder that you set up.  Check "Manage Manual Bills & Income" on the Bills & Income tab.
  • Lely
    Lely Member
    edited May 2020

I am not sure this will help.  A red flag could also be a bill or income reminder that you set up.  Check "Manage Manual Bills & Income" on the Bills & Income tab.

I check all the applicable tabs....everything looks current...nothing lagging .  Thank you though.
  • Lely
    Lely Member
    edited May 2020

Thank you!
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There are people in this group that will disagree, but I think if everything else fails, the only option left is to create a new account, then MOVE all transactions to the new account (by selecting all transactions, then right click, then choose "Move Transactions").  Note:  Do not use the copy and paste commands, and before you use the "Move Transactions" option, change all of the transactions to unreconciled (remove the "R").  You can easily do this in mass by selecting all transactions and choose "Reconciling Status".  Once the transactions have been moved to the new account, you then will change all the appropriate transactions back to reconciled.

Of course, you should back up your file before you start this process.
  • Lely
    Lely Member
    edited November 2018
    Simon, yes I thought about doing that; however, since I can't deactivate the one I have because of the flags will it interfere when I Update my Account?
  • Lely
    Lely Member
    edited November 2018
    BTW Thank you

• SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Simon, yes I thought about doing that; however, since I can't deactivate the one I have because of the flags will it interfere when I Update my Account?

You can delete the old (empty) account, not just deactivate it.  That should take care of your issue.
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

BTW Thank you

YVW
  • Lely
    Lely Member
    edited May 2020

BTW Thank you

Simon I tried that. Since I can’t deactivate the acct because of the flags I took out the account info out and left it blank and created another account and put the right info in that one.

Well it gave me an error message and would not create the account. Error. 209 I think it was.

See when u create the account it automatically goes directly to the bank to check for it. And if I delete the account which I didn’t try, I will not have the transactions to move over.

I will have to look at those flags
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

BTW Thank you

You need to create the new account without attaching it to any bank or financial institution.  When you set it up, you need to pick advanced options and say that you want to manually update transactions.  After you do that, you can copy the transactions from the "old" account to the new one you created.  Then, delete the "old" empty  account.  Next, go to the Online Services tab in account information to re-setup your online connection to your financial institution by entering your sign on and password.
  • Lely
    Lely Member
    edited May 2020

BTW Thank you

I will try this!! I think this might work.

Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.