paypal not working

PayPal is not connecting, tells me "AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.101)"

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ Richard ,

Deactivate Online Services for Paypal, then Set Up Now. If the error repeats, then review this Article and Contact Quicken Support:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • brking69brking69 Member
    edited October 2018
    I've been having the same exact problem the past few days. It started when I did the most recent update to Quicken 2019. That might have been a coincidence? Not sure. I did what you said above, and it did nothing to fix it for me. Any other suggestions?
  • pdallen1970pdallen1970 Member
    edited January 13
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Paypal connection broken - again.

the latest update to Quicken Home & Business broke the connection to Paypal (again).It seems like every-other update makes Paypal/Quicken unusable together.  Usually I can reset the account and then spend a lot of time clearing out the duplicates... this time though, Quicken can't even make a connection.

This is the issue that will drive me away from Quicken (after being a 25-year user) since Paypal is our only business account - we use it for credit card processing and all business expenses.

Any suggestions for this current issue? No error messages, no codes... just "cant connect".
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hello everyone, appreciate your information.

Have you tried deactivating and reactivating your accounts to see if you are able to get connected?

If so, have you tried making a Test File (File > New File/New Quicken File) and try adding your PayPal account to see if the issue exists in a new environment?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited January 13
    Please see my original post - cannot even connect to Paypal.  Can't reset.  No OL code.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Please see my original post - cannot even connect to Paypal.  Can't reset.  No OL code.

Hello Paul, appreciate your reply.

In order to isolate the issue, we need to know if the above troubleshooting resolves your issue.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited October 2018

Thanks - I will just wait until the next update fixes it.  I spend way too much time being Quicken's product tester - it would be really awesome if they beta tested these updates before forcing them on us.
    edited October 2018

I don't want t do this because the last time I followed these steps, Quicken redownloaded over 1000 duplicate transactions.  I spent 5 hours fixing that.
    edited October 2018

Hi @ Paul Allen-Webber ,

An Update will not fix the problem. You need to uncheck the options to Automatically add to banking registers.

Then Deactivate Online Services for Paypal and Set Up Now and link to existing PayPal Register.

All Cleared or Reconciled Transactions, if downloaded again will show up as New. That's the reason for Duplicate Transactions.

They can be deleted from the Downloaded Transactions area beneath the Paypal Register, before it is entered in the Register for Duplicate Transaction.

edited October 2018

Right... deleted one at a time. Last time took me 5 hours to straighten out. As I said. I was hoping there was a reasonable fix. The fix this time is to start looking for dependable software.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

There is no use "troubleshooting" this as I have already stated in other such posts, the "connection" to PayPal is "down".

It looks like PayPal changed their site somewhat, and now Intuit's scripts aren't working again (Quicken Inc pays Intuit for the Express Web Connect service).

This is a regular occurance with PayPal.

Just for the heck of it I did try to deactivate/reactivate and got this error message on the screen

There is no such "popup".

BTW I have no "fear" of resetting/deactivating/reactivating because I know how to delete all them duplicates pretty much in one selection process.  There is two methods the one with the Downloaded Transactions tab and the "mark last transaction with memo", make sure there isn't any false matches, and then Accept All, and select from the with the transaction after the one with memo and deleted.

The one I use is with automatic entry mode.  The transactions go into the register, I sort by the status and select all the New transactions (making sure not to select ones that are really new) and delete.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

BTW the fact the you have to watch out for duplicates if you reset/deactivate/reactivate Express Web Connect accounts is another problem that Intuit has never fixed.

The unique Ids they generate should be unique and unchanging, but instead they use some kind of "seed" that gets changed when you reset/deactivate/reactivate, which produces a different unique Id for the same transaction.

It is fundamental problems like these that never get fixed that are so frustrating, because then for years and years you have to tell people how to delete these duplicate transactions.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Just of people know I have used Help -> Report a problem to send my logs for this problem (I might have even sent them twice, just now and when I first saw it).  Whether they actually look at them and take action, is anyone's guess.

I think you will find that as time goes on, you will get more and more people coming in reporting the problem.

EDIT:
    And the problem isn't limited to Quicken Desktop, it fails in the Quicken Cloud Account sync with the financial institutions too {testing with a different data file for beta}
    edited October 2018

Yes - I learned one one of these "tricks" the last time but prior to that I wasted hours and hours of time... we, the user, shouldn't have to spend all of this time troubleshooting, testing "fixes", and fixing the results.  One time, this didn't happen and it wasn't fixed for 10 days... and, as I mentioned, this is our only businesses debit account and we use Here for credit card processing, so that's a LOT of activity to reconcile when it finally came back.
    edited October 2018

Just ran One Step Update and included PayPal and it updated, but nothing new was downloaded, since I didn't have new Purchases or Charges.

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Hmm.  It isn't getting that far for me (and I don't have any activity to download).

Maybe it is because your account is setup as a personal account and mine and Paul's are setup as business accounts.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I dug into the OFX file and here is the response.
    And it actually makes sense for a website that has changed.
    Basically the "scripts" do a sequence of steps like clicking on links and such and expect certain responses.  When they don't get the response they expect, they make the guess that there is something like a popup message that is blocking the steps from doing what they expect.
    !--
    -->
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><cc:CCWSResponse xmlns:cc="http://www.intuit.com/CustomerCentral">
    <status>
    <code>ccscrape.108</code>
    <string>Useraction required at the site</string>
    <msgId>1036166090-247922233-7099-25995-5893-43981-132944</msgId>
    </status>
    <body>
    <ccresp:CCDiscoverAccountsInteractiveResponse xmlns:ccresp="http://www.intuit.com/CustomerCentral/Responses">
    <status>108</status>
    <message>Useraction required at the site</message>
    </ccresp:CCDiscoverAccountsInteractiveResponse>
    </body>
    </cc:CCWSResponse>
    edited January 13
    Today's update returned a new message - that the bank had a new popup.  I went to Paypal, logged in, and no pop-up.  But then I updated from the account (not One-Step), and the account finally updated.  It only took a week!
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Today's update returned a new message - that the bank had a new popup.  I went to Paypal, logged in, and no pop-up.  But then I updated from the account (not One-Step), and the account finally updated.  It only took a week!

Thanks for the update.  It is working now for me too.

Actually one week is pretty quick as these things go, especially when it looks like it was only the business accounts that seem to have been affected.
  • brettrbrettr Member
    edited October 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't download transaction from PayPal.

Starting last week, 2 of my 3 Paypal accounts stopped working in Quicken. I get the following:

Your financial instition's website has a new page or pop-up window that needs your response.

There aren't any new pages or popups. Any ideas what the problem is?
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    brettr said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't download transaction from PayPal.

Starting last week, 2 of my 3 Paypal accounts stopped working in Quicken. I get the following:

Your financial instition's website has a new page or pop-up window that needs your response.

brettr
    Try Update Now, you will find it on the settings/gear icon menu in the register.
  • brettrbrettr Member
    edited October 2018
    brettr said:

Pulled down an update from Quicken and now Paypal is working. How did you know about the update? Are you on a list? Thanks.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    brettr said:

No I didn't know that you were going to get an update for the program.  That was just a coincidence.  Most likely the update of the program had nothing to do with fixing PayPal (the patch wasn't for such problems).

Update Now tends to fix problems that get by One Step Update, because One Step Update sort of runs "non interactively".  Whereas Update Now waits for things, for instance if they need to prompt for information Update Now will do that prompting, but One Step Update won't.  So the two operations are similar, but not exactly the same.

Update Now is the first "troubleshooting" I do with any Express Web Connect problem because it tends to help more than any else.
This discussion has been closed.