Payee Details for Canadians

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
Using Quicken Home and Business Canada 2018 ver 5.7.2 MacOS. Under Window---> Payees, I attempted to add contact info about a Payee. The address field asks for mandatory "State" but there is no Province option. A list of all the States is provided, but no Provinces. 

A text box would be useful to add other information (web site, email, etc.)

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    In the combined US + Canadian Q Mac 2018, somehwere there is a setting about country: US or Canada.
    Have you chosen Canada?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    UKR said:

In the combined US + Canadian Q Mac 2018, somehwere there is a setting about country: US or Canada.
    Have you chosen Canada?

Note recently they release a "Canadian only" 2018 version on the Mac.
    So unlike when they were "combined" Quicken Canada 2018 should "know" that it is the Canadian version and adjust the form for the payee automatically with no adjusting of settings.

It sounds like something they just missed.

From what I understand it is all the same code (US and Canadian), but with "pre set" setting that tells it to do some things differently for the Canadian version.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    UKR said:

Have you chosen Canada?

UKR - Thank you. That setting is found under menu item Quicken --> Preferences --> General, "Show features for". Yes, I had that set to Canada prior to encountering this issue.

QPW - "It sounds like something they just missed." was my thought as well. Being new to this forum, but a Quicken user for about 20 years, is this the best place to report such an issue?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    UKR said:

Have you chosen Canada?

This probably is the best place to report it.  So you have done it right.

BTW one thing that occurs to me that might influence what is needed.

If the data file is back from when they were "combined", and the user still has the ability to switch between the two, then the correct behavior probably is to leave the setting alone.

But for sure it should select all the Canadian options when a new data file is created.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    any updates on this? I can not find anything about provinces when trying to add a payee
  • Stephen Fisher
    Stephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

[removed] 

Being new to this forum, but a Quicken user for about 20 years, is this the best place to report such an issue?

This discussion has been closed.