How to email invoice WITH attachment?

I need to attach documents such a receipts for reimbursement along with invoices sent to clients. While I have attached the documents to the invoice in the Register, I don't see those attachments show up when I use the "Email" invoice function on the Invoice Form. Does the program support truly emailing the invoice along WITH any and all attachments?

Using Quicken Home and Business 2018
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    What version of Quicken are using? 2017 or earlier or 2018 and later.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Daryn,
    I don't believe that there is, currently, any facility within Q to add attachments to invoices.

SO, how about "printing" your invoices to a PDF file, and then separately email that to the client along with the attachments?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • daryn reifdaryn reif Member
    edited November 2018

What version of Quicken are using? 2017 or earlier or 2018 and later.

About Quicken reports this - 2019 R15.16
    edited December 2018
    Yes. Thank you. I could do this...it's just an unnecessary hassle to do something that should be straightforward. 
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Yes. Thank you. I could do this...it's just an unnecessary hassle to do something that should be straightforward. 

Well, you consider it straightforward, but I'd consider adding attachments to be unnecessary.

In 20, or so, years of using H&B, I've NEVER been asked for supporting documentation to be attached to my invoices.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Hi @ daryn reif ,

What @ NotACPA - QW HBRP 2019 stated is what I would have written, but I will add, make sure that your Email program is open, when you tried to use Quicken to Email the invoice within Quicken.

It sits in your Email Program's Outbox, where you can open the Email and attach attachments to that Email.

Once you click Send it stays in the Outbox, until you click Send All or click Send / Receive.

True of Outlook 2007 or Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

That only works for Quicken 2017 and earlier. Quicken 2018 and later uses it's own SMTP and not a email client.
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    How about we turn this message thread from a Question into an Idea.

This sounds to me like a nice new feature that the Quicken programmers should consider for implementation in a future release of Quicken.
    "Idea" posts in this forum are supposed to be brought to the attention of the programmers. Let's see what they decide.

If you would like to see this "Email Customer Invoice with file attachment" implemented in the future, please click the VOTE button at the upper right hand corner of this webpage please vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count. Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    Every vote counts!

edited November 2018
    Great idea.
    edited November 2018

Exactly Greg.