mutual fund conversions - fidelity

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
PIMCO converted PONDX to PONAX earlier this year.  Fidelity shifted TRRCX to PAKRX within my 401K.  It appears I did the mutual fund conversion function correctly, but Fidelity keeps reporting to my Quicken continued discrepancies in shares held in PONDX (no longer) vs PONAX (in Quicken).  How do I correct this?  This has been going on for several months and I do NOT want to revert to a previous back-up.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    What Q product are you running?  What country?  What Build/Release?

And, when you log into Fidelity's website ... what is shown there?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Quicken Premier; recently updated
    Year:  2019
    Release R15.16
    Build 27.1.15.16
    Windows - US
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Fidelity website is accurate. But when I look at the security list in Quicken, the CUSIP ID is blank for PONAX.  Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I think I'm having the same problem. I'm running
    Quicken Premier 2016; v R18.4; build 25.1.18.4
    I have 3 mutual funds held with Fidelity. Fidelity merged a bunch of mutual funds into other mutual funds on 11/2/18. Mine are FSEMX => FSMAX, FSTMX => FSKAX, FUSEX => FXAIX.
    I ran "onestep update" shortly after 11/2/18. I show 3 sold transactions of "unidentified security"  and 3 bought transactions in the old fund names. Onestep update continues to update the funds using the old fund names and shows the old ticker when I look at details for that holding. In trying to resolve issues, I did tell quicken what the new fund was. the new fund name/ticker isn't showing up but seems to be updating the old fund name.
    Somewhere in all this, my Quicken investment balance now is significantly different from the Fidelity balance.
    HELP! How can I remedy this?
  • jon_nekritz
    jon_nekritz Member
    Glad (not really) to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

I have been dealing with the same issue FSTMX => FSKAX; but just realized it is due to Quicken not getting the CUSIP ID when I set up the security.  Update info from Fidelity is correct. 

I have deleted the security (FSKAX), unmatched the prior security (FSTMX), then recreated the new/merged security; did not get the CUSIP set.

But I have noticed that the FSTMX CUSIP = FSKAX CUSIP; perhaps that is the real issue - Quicken can't deal with them being the same.

Anyone have a solution?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cusip for the old fund FSTMX was 315911404
    For the new fund FSKAX it is 315911693. Make sure the name in Quicken is "Fidelity Total Market Index Fund" not with Investor Class at the end.

https://clearingcustody.fidelity.com/app/regulatory/matrix?productLine=6&sapl=404&misc=fidfunddocuments

In Edit Security details, you should un-check "Matched with online security" for the one that is incorrect. When you download, you should get a dialog asking to match the security, be sure to math it to the correct one.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.