fidelity funds not updating

Greg Beam
Greg Beam Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
My Fidelity-hosted Fidelity-managed funds have not had a price update since 11/2.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    QMac or QWin?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Greg Beam
    Greg Beam Member
    edited November 2018
    QWin, by the way, I have noticed that some other websites do not have current prices for these fiunds either, but others do.
  • Greg Beam
    Greg Beam Member
    edited November 2018

Funds FSTVX and FSEVX are not known to Quicken.com, no updates since 11/2.  Why is this?
  • Greg Beam
    Greg Beam Member
    edited November 2018

The only value of Quicken is that they have current prices.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Fidelity consolidated classes of their index funds on 11/2.  I suspect you'll find shares of FSTVX have been converted into shares of FSKAX and shares of FSEVX have been converted into shares of FSMAX: https://www.fidelity.com/bin-public/060_www_fidelity_com/documents/mutual-funds/Fidelity-lower-expen...
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2018
    +1 Sherlock.  

Once you've confirmed the new share class symbol for each mutual fund, you can do a Mutual Fund Conversion in Quicken to convert from old to new share class (see image).  I recently did this for several of my own MF class conversions.  Worked very well with only 1 very minor share number discrepancy.

To do this....Go into your investment account and tap "edit" in a new register line to bring up the below dialog and select Mutual Fund Conversion in the "Enter Transactions" pull-down.   You can search in this forum and you'll find additional detail and some things to look out for when using this transaction type.  Don't forget to backup!

Scott
    2019 QW HBR R15.18

• Greg Beam
    Greg Beam Member
    edited November 2018
    Thank you!  I should have downloaded my Fidelity statement first.
This discussion has been closed.