how to create an investment account Cash balance only graph

bhbuilder
bhbuilder Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I am trying to create a graph that shows the cash balance over the last year (by week) for an investment account. I can create a graph for the total value but not just the cash. Once I delete the holdings, the report shows all zeros.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes this is weird. I assume you are running QWin 2019 R15.18

The straightforward way to do this would be to show the Net Worth and Balances > Account Balances report, Date range = Last 12 months, Interval = Week, select the desired account and the only security as  "No Security (includes cash)"

What I am seeing for an account that carries a cash balance is the starting balance for every week until the last, jumping up to the current value at the last data point.

If I also select a security that has activity in the account but has 0 shares over the past year, it looks like the graph is correct.

Does this match what you are seeing? 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • bhbuilder
    bhbuilder Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Jim. In the Securities tab, clearing all and then selecting the "No Security (includes cash)" did the trick. I didn't know that existed. Plus, on my screen, the column wasn't wide enough to see the '(includes cash)'.

QWin 2019 R15.18
This discussion has been closed.