Quicken 2016 rebuild from backup

I am using iMac macOS High Sierra 10.13.4. Trying to rebuild my Quicken on a new computer from iCloud and Time Machine.  The backup that Quicken used is 2.5 years old - I really need to find a current version of my Quicken files.  Apple Support said to contact Quicken. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018
    The quicken file and backups are usually found in Hard Drive > Users > (username) > Library > Application Support > Quicken. To access that folder, hold down the Option key and click the Go menu in the finder, and choose Library. Once you're there, invoke Time Machine to search the history within this folder.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    RickO - thank you for the reply.  I did as instructed but there are only two backups and both are for yesterday when I repurchased the program and did a restore that Apple Support walked me through. I know my computer was backed up to the 'cloud' so there should be a current backup somewhere - just need to find it......rotten Apple.....
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2018

RickO - thank you for the reply.  I did as instructed but there are only two backups and both are for yesterday when I repurchased the program and did a restore that Apple Support walked me through. I know my computer was backed up to the 'cloud' so there should be a current backup somewhere - just need to find it......rotten Apple.....

Karen,

Generally speaking, iCloud only syncs the Desktop and Documents folders, not the Applications Support folder I detailed above. So iCloud backup is probably not going to help.

The only exception would be if you purchased Quicken from the Mac App Store, in which case your file may have been stored in the user Documents folder. 

You may want to try contacting Apple again with the knowledge of the "secret" Applications Support folder and see if they can help you find a backup from there.

And you may want to contact Quicken Support directly at www.quicken.com/support. They can connect to your computer directly to try to find the backups. This forum is primarily user-to-user and doesn't reach Quicken Support.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

See if this FAQ helps:  (If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    RickO - thank you for your reply - again.  I didn't purchase through the Mac App Store but directly through Quicken.  My goodness, the things I am learning - here I thought the 'cloud' would be my catch all.  I will contact Apple again as well as Quicken Support as suggested.  Truly appreciate your time and attention.  Wishing you a great day.

This discussion has been closed.