How do I update with mobile app ?

Danielle Dallaire
Danielle Dallaire Member ✭✭✭
Updating transactions not available with mobile app . I use Q Canadian version. I downloaded the mobile app and there is no transaction update available. As I can see, I should find it in Accounts. But there is nothing there...

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    First off the "accounts" in the Mobile app/web come from you syncing accounts from your Quicken Desktop application.  Quicken Desktop syncs with the Quicken Cloud account/data file and the Mobile app and web are GUI interfaces to that data.

Past that syncing of accounts/transactions/budget information to the Quicken Cloud account/data file will download transactions once a day from financial institutions that are setup for Express Web Connect.

Refreshing of the information in the Mobile app/web from the Quicken Cloud typically happens when you open the Mobile app/web.
  • Danielle Dallaire
    edited November 2018
    Hey thanks !

I am from Canada. My financial institution is National Bank of Canada. It is said that it is available through Web Connect.

Does that mean I can't download with my app ? I have to access my web account with the bank to download transactions in Quicken. Is there another way ?

Sorry, I seem a bit dumb. But is that available in Canada ? and how can I access that service ?

Thank you !

Danielle
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Hey thanks !

I am from Canada. My financial institution is National Bank of Canada. It is said that it is available through Web Connect.

Does that mean I can't download with my app ? I have to access my web account with the bank to download transactions in Quicken. Is there another way ?

Sorry, I seem a bit dumb. But is that available in Canada ? and how can I access that service ?

Thank you !

Danielle

Web Connect is the term they use for going to your financial institution's website and downloading and importing a Web Connect/.QFX file into Quicken Desktop.  The Quicken Cloud doesn't allow importing such files.

So the only way for you to update would to first update the Quicken Desktop data file, and then sync to the Quicken Cloud account.

You would need your bank to support Express Web Connect to do it automatically through the Mobile app/web.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Hey thanks !

Thank you !

Danielle

Note looking at this list:
    https://ofx-prod-filist.intuit.com/qw2700-can/data/fidir-c.txt

It says that you are right they only support Web Connect:
    00013 00013 00013 National Bank of Canada http://www.nbc.ca 1-888-4TELNAT https://www.nbc.ca/enrolment ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

A financial institution that supports web connect would have this in its entry:
    EXP-WEB-CONNECT

• Danielle Dallaire
    edited November 2018
    Thank you. I knew something wasn't quite right about that. So, I go back to my old routine, downloading from the bank into Q.
    Have a nice day.

Danielle
This discussion has been closed.