Home Quicken for Windows Installing and Updating (Windows)

Can you load and run quicken premier 2017 on a surface pro?

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    As long as the Surface Pro runs a full version of Windows 7 or newer.  Some early Surfaces ran Windows RT which Quicken can not run on.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

As long as the Surface Pro runs a full version of Windows 7 or newer.  Some early Surfaces ran Windows RT which Quicken can not run on.

PS  You are probably going to need to use a mouse with it since Quicken is not very touch screen friendly.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Great question.  While I cannot say definitively, I believe you should be able to as long as it's running windows 8/10 Home edition or higher and has adequate storage space.  You cannot and should not run Quicken networked, so as long as you can store locally, it should work. 
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 2004
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have a Surface Pro and Quicken works great on it.  Never had any issues.  The response time is fast, the screen resolution is crystal clear.  It has a slot for an SD card and that is where I backup Quicken files to.  It's best to use a mouse for Quicken.  It does work with the touch screen, but for me it is faster using a mouse. 
  • Ray CosnerRay Cosner Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have been running Quicken on a Surface Pro 2 for four years.  No compatibility issues, ever.  I have a docking station connected to a standard monitor, which is very useful in seeing the full width of the registers without scrolling, since the SP2 screen is not wide enough.  As long as you are running a compatible version of Windows, everything should be OK.  (Note: RT is not a compatible version).
This discussion has been closed.