EWC-DC Mismatch

Have Quiken 2017 Premier.  Cannot update.  Get EWC-DC  Mis Match. Error.  Have been doing this for years and suddenly doesn't work.  Am using Peoples Bank,  So. Hadlsy MA.

Comments

• QPWQPW Member
    edited January 22
    Just based on the error message I would guess that you have some accounts for that financial institution/username setup for Express Web Connect and others for Direct Connect.  You can't mix them like that.  They need to be one or the other.
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    The page of instructions to clear this condition is here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/message-ewc-dc-ol-238-mismatch

Note the instructions say Deactivate/Add Account, not Deactivate/Reactivate.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro.
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser
    edited November 2018
    QPW said:

Just based on the error message I would guess that you have some accounts for that financial institution/username setup for Express Web Connect and others for Direct Connect.  You can't mix them like that.  They need to be one or the other.

QPW: That sort of makes sense to me, but how is it that Quicken would allow such a mixture?  Shouldn't Quicken change the connection method for an FI when you change it for one account? I always thought it worked that way anyway.

Why does Quicken allow you to make a change that introduces an error? That sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited November 2018
    QPW said:

I remember actually getting into this situation one time, but it was years ago, and I have no idea how I got it to be like that.

At any rate Rocket J Squirrel's link is certainly the "right thing to try" to get it working.
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    QPW said:

I doubt it's anything the user did. More likely the FI changed from DC to EWC or (hopefully) the other way around.

There are so many Peoples Banks in fidir.txt that I have no idea which is the OP's.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    QPW said:

From C. D. Bales:

https://www.quicken.com/support/messa...
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited November 2018
    QPW said:

@C. D. Bales

That is in fact the same link that Rocket J Squirrel posted.  :-)
    edited December 2018
    QPW said:

From C. D. Bales:

"That is in fact the same link that Rocket J Squirrel posted. :-)"

@QPW You're right.

But that link was not posted at the time I composed my comment and sent it to mshiggins.
    edited December 2018
    QPW said:

It's hard to get good help these days :-/