Setting up new Bill Pay Account

James DoumakJames Doumak Member
edited December 2018 in

I generally don’t like to give bad reviews, unless they are warranted.
I’ll try to make this as brief and to the point as possible. I have been with
Quicken and Quicken Bill Pay for over 15 years. Then Intuit sold Quicken and
Quicken Bill Pay.

I upgraded from Quicken 2016 to the yearly subscription,
2019.  The 2016 support would expire shortly.
I also use Quicken Bill Pay which there is a monthly charge for.  With the 2019 subscription there is free
Quicken Bill Pay.  I will have to open a
new Quicken Bill Pay account to get it free with the 2019 Quicken.  When I signed up, they said 2 small deposits
of under $1 would be deposited to my account within 2-3 days to verify it.  This was on October 24th.  3 business days later there were no deposits,
so I called Quicken Support.  They said
there was a high volume of calls and that it would take 7-10 business days. I
didn’t document my calls till 11-2-2018.

11-2-2018: No deposits to my account yet so I called, and
they gave me the same reply as above.  They
verified my email and said I should expect an email response.

Another call was made several days later which I didn’t
document with the same reply. Never got an email response.

11-19-2018: No deposits and they gave the same reply they
would put my request on priority. They asked if I received an email and I said
no.  So they verified my email again. I asked
to get in touch directly with the people who verify the account and they said
they can’t even talk to them directly. (convenient)

11-21-2018: No deposits, no email response.  Again, I got the same reply, high volume of
requests. This time I asked for a supervisor and they said the supervisor was
busy on another call.  But they would put
my request on high priority.  I asked why
this is taking so long since I already have an account with Quicken Bill Pay
and that should verify that my banking account is valid. 

11-23-2018:  No
deposits and same reply.  I asked again
for the supervisor and, again, busy with another customer.  I said I’d wait on the phone till he/she was available.  About a minute later she came on and gave me
the same answers as before. She took my number and asked when the best time
would be to reach me. I told her and have never received a call from them.  Again, no email response.

11-27-2018: Still no deposits or email response from Quicken
Bill Pay Support.  Called them again and I
got the same answers. High volume of requests and they will take my request in
the order received.  What happened to
High Priority?

I have never seen such poor or non-existent customer
service.  From 2-3 business days to over
a month with not even an email response on the status of my request, I am going
to search for some other financial software and bill pay company.  I wish that Intuit had never sold Quicken.

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    James, you are not the only one to report delays in getting the free Quicken Billpay set up. Does your bank offer online bill pay?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • James DoumakJames Doumak Member
    edited December 2018
    I am using my old account with Quicken Bill Pay, the one that I have to pay for... for now, but looking at other options.
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    James, the bottom line cause is regularly requirements (OFAC) to verify any new accounts plus the overwhelming volume of new Quicken Bill Pay users due to their "free with Quicken Premier" offer.  That does not excuse the poor customer service or inability to handle the increased volume.  As for how this is going to be resolved, I have no idea.  But I bet that any viable solution would cost Quicken, and probably make Quicken Bill Pay not cost effective.  Dispute what some say, their vendor is not "the only game in town".
  • DanRDanR Member
    edited December 2018

James, the bottom line cause is regularly requirements (OFAC) to verify any new accounts plus the overwhelming volume of new Quicken Bill Pay users due to their "free with Quicken Premier" offer.  That does not excuse the poor customer service or inability to handle the increased volume.  As for how this is going to be resolved, I have no idea.  But I bet that any viable solution would cost Quicken, and probably make Quicken Bill Pay not cost effective.  Dispute what some say, their vendor is not "the only game in town".

Bill Pay has been "free with Quicken Premier" for over a year now.  I can't believe there is any current major influx of new customers (maybe those on 2016 now converting over?).  The simple truth is you get what you pay for and the metavante provided services suck.
    edited December 2018
    What doesn't make sense to me is that I ALREADY have an account with Bill Pay which I have used with Quicken 2016 for over 15 years.  That should be verification alone that my account is a valid one.
    edited December 2018

DanR - in my opinion, it's the combination of the two things, trying to be OFAC compliant and dealing with the volume.  I think in the past they did not do their OFAC due dilligence and now they are, and are overwhelmed.
    edited December 2018

What doesn't make sense to me is that I ALREADY have an account with Bill Pay which I have used with Quicken 2016 for over 15 years.  That should be verification alone that my account is a valid one.

Did you already have an account with Quicken Bill Pay?  If so, it looks like they are having to treat accounts as new because they hadn't done their due diligence in the past, and now they are being called out on it.
    edited December 2018
    James, I hope you are aware that the "free" Quicken Billpay is limited to 15 transactions in a billing cycle and both e-bills and payments count as transactions. If you have more than 15 transactions in a billing cycle, there is a fee.
    edited December 2018
    mshiggins said:

James, I hope you are aware that the "free" Quicken Billpay is limited to 15 transactions in a billing cycle and both e-bills and payments count as transactions. If you have more than 15 transactions in a billing cycle, there is a fee.

I wasn't aware of the limit to 15 transactions.  They must have hidden that important fact in the small print.  I still had about 6 months left of support on Quicken 16 and upgraded because of the free Bill Pay.  Had I known I would have stayed with 16 till time ran out.
    edited December 2018
    mshiggins said:

Yes, it is only mentioned in the fine print :-/
    edited December 2018
    mshiggins said:

This used to be a great company. I guess the new owners really don't care.