Security download quotes problem 12/06/18 ??

Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have 18 securities with no quotes after close of business.  They are all shown on the Security List as being selected for quote downloads.

In the main we're looking at ETFs and Mutual Funds, but not exclusively.

It's a tough day to be a Quicken booster.

EDIT: upon closer review it looks like the Quicken servers used today's ending quote as today's ending quote.  I guess that's what you get with the lowest cost provider?

Comments

• SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    EDIT: upon closer review it looks like the Quicken servers used today's ending quote as today's ending quote.  I guess that's what you get with the lowest cost provider?
    Isn't this what they should have done?  I don't see the issue.

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    it looks like the Quicken servers used today's ending quote as today's ending quote.
    Isn't that what it always does? The prices for all my securities appear to match Morningstar's as of 8:20 PM Eastern.

-- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • Tom YoungTom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

it looks like the Quicken servers used today's ending quote as today's ending quote.
    Isn't that what it always does? The prices for all my securities appear to match Morningstar's as of 8:20 PM Eastern.

Typo.  The sentence should read: "...today's ending quote as yesterday's ending quote."  Since "yesterday" was a trading holiday then yesterday's ending quote should have been the same as the day before that, when the market was open.  That's why I thought that there had been no update for 12/6/18 ending quotes; Quicken was indicating "no change" in prices from the prior day, when the market was closed.
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Tom Young what does it look like today.  Have the missing quotes downloaded?