auto reconcile

Jeff Goulden
Jeff Goulden Member ✭✭
I have a group of accounts that I have set up to download transactions.  I checked the box for "reconcile using online balance" on each of the accounts.  The auto-reconcile feature only works for a couple of these accounts.  The rest I have to reconcile manually.  For those accounts that do reconcile automatically, I see the reconcile window appear and then go away, leaving the reconciled transactions in an R status.  The accounts that don't reconcile automatically, I don't see the reconcile window.  What do I need to do to get all these accounts to reconcile automatically?  I am using Quicken Premier for Windows Version R15.18.  I update my software whenever it tells me to so I am on the latest version.

Comments

• SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jeff Goulden first make sure that the accounts that don't reconcile automatically have the "Reconcile using online balance" checked, in the Online Services tab of Account Details.

Another way to get your accounts automated is to go to the "gear" menu in the upper right of your account register and choose "Reconcile", then if you see a pop up window with reconciling options, choose "Use online balance and check "always use online balances" and "Auto reconcile".   

• SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    If the Reconcile options pop up box does not show up when you choose "Reconcile" and you need to verify or make changes, just go back to the Online services tab and uncheck the "Reconcile using online balances", then choose "Reconcile" from the  "gear" menu and then you should see the pop up box to update your automatic reconciliation.
  • Jeff Goulden
    Jeff Goulden Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    SimonSezSo, thanks for the reply.  All of my accounts have the "Reconcile using online balance" checked.  I tried the "gear" menu and clicked "Reconcile".  All I get is the normal reconciliation window.  I don't see the option to "Always use Online Balance for this account".
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

SimonSezSo, thanks for the reply.  All of my accounts have the "Reconcile using online balance" checked.  I tried the "gear" menu and clicked "Reconcile".  All I get is the normal reconciliation window.  I don't see the option to "Always use Online Balance for this account".

What you need to do to see that Reconciliation "options" pop up window, is to go back and UNCHECK the "Reconcile using online balances" checkbox in the online services tab.  And then go back to the "gear" menu and select "Reconcile".  I had a typo in my first comment, and I tried to remedy it by my subsequent comment.  Sorry for the confusion.

(The screen print was correct)
  • Jeff Goulden
    Jeff Goulden Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

Okay, I did that and was able to see the "Always us Online Balance" box.  However, I don't really have anything to reconcile at this point.  I'll have to wait until I have some new downloaded transactions.  Unless there is another way to get to those reconciliation options??
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

In the Reconciliation Option popup, you should make sure to mark all options for online balances and automatic reconciliation.

You are right about not being able to test it out until you have a transaction that is downloaded and can be auto reconciled.  But I think if you have these options checked, it should work.
  • Jeff Goulden
    Jeff Goulden Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

I "fooled" the system by "unreconciling" a transaction.  That way I could check those three items.  Hopefully it will work going forward.  Thanks a lot for your help.  Much appreciated.
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020

That is a good idea.  I never thought to do that.  And you are welcome.
This discussion has been closed.