I have quicken 2016 on a Windows 10 machine, but I can't find my license key and need to re-install

I have quicken 2016 on a Windows 10 machine, but I can't find my license key and need to re-install on my new win 10 computer. Please help.

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Are you running Q Canada?  Because Q US hasn't had a "license key" in MANY, MANY years

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • edited December 2018
    Hi Chris..... perhaps you haven't seen the messages that Quicken is no longer a BUY the disc and upgrade every two or three years system but has become a SUBSCRIPTION deal. You now SUBSCRIBE to Quicken and all upgrades are automatic as long as your subscription is active. Originally I didn't like that either, but now that I understand that Intuit divested itself of Quicken because they didn't MAKE enough on the program, the new company obviously has to have an income base in order to keep the program going. I'm only speaking as a customer who understands the business models well enough to realize the need. 
    As you write about Quicken 2016 it is no surprise to me that you're having troubles; most banks would not even support Quicken that old. So ... acquaint yourself by visiting the 
    Quicken.com website, learn and live happily! I did and am 87 yrs. old or is it young?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Hi Chris..... perhaps you haven't seen the messages that Quicken is no longer a BUY the disc and upgrade every two or three years system but has become a SUBSCRIPTION deal. You now SUBSCRIBE to Quicken and all upgrades are automatic as long as your subscription is active. Originally I didn't like that either, but now that I understand that Intuit divested itself of Quicken because they didn't MAKE enough on the program, the new company obviously has to have an income base in order to keep the program going. I'm only speaking as a customer who understands the business models well enough to realize the need. 
    As you write about Quicken 2016 it is no surprise to me that you're having troubles; most banks would not even support Quicken that old. So ... acquaint yourself by visiting the 
    Quicken.com website, learn and live happily! I did and am 87 yrs. old or is it young?

Hendrik Gerrit Merison

Quicken 2016 is the oldest version of Quicken that is still supported for online banking (downloading) and that will cease on 4/30/2019.

I still run QW2016 because I prefer the screen icons and coloring.  2017 introduced the "flat" new, modern look common to so much of the stuff on the mobile devices.  Subscription improved that some, but not as much as I would like.

The point is, QW2016 still works fine and Quicken and the financial institutions support it just fine.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list