Graph Popup (balloon) Issues

I am currently using 2019 Home, Business & Rental Property Ver. R15.16.
For the past 6 months or so I have had a problem with the balance between my graph popup and the actual account balance.  To be exact, the graph is $286.20 less than actual and it never varies from that amount.  Since I use the graph popup religiously for projecting futures balances this is a real pain.  How it got this way is beyond me and of course you can't make a journal entry to adjust it.  I think.
Also, I found that upgrading to Ver. 16.19 (current for me) removes the graph popup feature completely.  Is this Quickens way of solving my problem for good, by not having graph popups at all? 

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Can you post a screen capture showing the graph with the incorrect pop up or describe the steps you follow to access the graph?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • reid9439reid9439 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have tried with no success to capture the screen.  When using the "screen share" trying to explain to Quicken support, they are unable to see the popups.  Assuming you are familiar with popups, I will try to explain as best I can.
    Under the "bills & income" tab, there is a button on the far right of the page to "manage bills and income".  This button brings up a bills and income sheet as well as a graph at the bottom of the page.  My graph displays 2 multiple accounts from my bank.  One is my personal account and the other is my business account.  It is a stacked graph with the 2 accounts.  Using the mouse pointer, if I hover over either account a popup will display the future totals of each account on any given day.  Also, at the very top of the bar I can see the totals of both accounts for any given day of the month.
    The problem is that the personal account popup matches the actual account balance but the business account is $286.20 less than the actual bank balance and has been that way for many months.
    Can you confirm if the popup feature is still available on Ver. 16.19?  If it is no longer available this is a futile attempt at resolving the problem.  With no popups it really doesn't matter.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    To capture a popup window press CTRL-PrtScrn (or try SHIFT-PrtScrn)
    Next, open MS Paint and Paste the image into the blank Paint canvas. Crop it to show only the releveant portions and save the image as a file type PNG.
    To include the image in a reply or comment to this post click the camera icon at the bottom of the text entry window.
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the info.  Hope this helps.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    What kind of balance does the Account Bar represent?
    - Net Worth aka Current Balance, as of today
    or
    - Ending Balance, including future-dated transactions and scheduled future reminders already showing up in the register?
    edited December 2018
    Net Worth aka Current Balance, as of today.  Every time I download bank transactions the graph should reflect the online balance.  Regardless, the balance is always $-286.20.  That's what I need to adjust and I don't know how to do it.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    reid9439 said:

Net Worth aka Current Balance, as of today.  Every time I download bank transactions the graph should reflect the online balance.  Regardless, the balance is always $-286.20.  That's what I need to adjust and I don't know how to do it.

The graph does NOT reflect the Online Balance (which is a value downloaded from the bank and may include pending transactions). It strictly reflects the register balance.
    edited December 2018
    I think I misunderstood an earlier question.  My graph does show actual amounts and future amounts.  When I download my bank transactions with nothing pending and all is right with the world, the amount on the graph business account popup (on that day) is $-286.20 compared to the business account register.  I don't know any other way to explain the problem.
    edited December 2018
    Can anyone confirm if the popup feature is still available on Ver. R16.19?  I update and lost the balloon popups.  I have since reverted back to Ver. R15.16 to get the popups back.

Can anyone confirm?
This discussion has been closed.