I would like to memorize transactions without memos

There should be more options for managing memorization of transactions.  One option should be an option to turn on/off automatic memorization of memos.  This topic has been discussed before and I am aware there are work-arounds but each requires additional key strokes where as this idea would help the efficiency and accuracy of transaction entry

Quicken Premier Windows 2018 
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser
    edited January 11
    Why not just temporarily create a transaction without a memo, save it to the register, memorize it and then delete it from the register?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • markus1957markus1957 SuperUser
    edited September 2018

Why not just temporarily create a transaction without a memo, save it to the register, memorize it and then delete it from the register?

Or just delete the memos from the transactions in the MPL you do not want used and Lock it.
  • acs2acs2 Member
    edited December 2018

I use memos most often to clarify a transaction.  Thus the memo applies only once.  By having the option to never save memos for memorized transactions it saves all of the work arounds that have been mentioned