Add Ability to Include or Exclude Transfers on Budgets in Quicken for Mac (452 Legacy Votes)

Comments

• jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    edited January 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Budget Transfers and Credit Card Payments?.

I know this has been discussed on here before, but I want to raise it again to let Quicken know how much of a NECESSITY this "feature" is. In Quicken for Mac, transfers do not show up in budgets. This means savings transfers, credit card payments, etc., cannot be budgeted for -- yet these make up probably half of my actual budget.

I get there's a workaround (show the transfer column, use a non-transfer category, etc.), but that's clunky and shouldn't at all be necessary.

Can someone from Quicken please let us know whether this is something that's being worked on, and what the ETA is?

Yes, it *is* an oversight, because the budget functionality doesn't allow for budgeting common things like interest payments and savings. And the Quicken product manager has acknowledged the need to add this functionality.

So what you're angry about is that they haven't done so fast enough. I get it. Me, too. There have been, unfortunately, a lot of issues that a lot of people have wanted, and while there's been forward progress, it's often been slow (initially not enough engineers, and some issues being complex to add to the code) and halting (due to the need to re-engineer a lot of back-end server processes following the split from Intuit) progress. And just saying to hire more people to get it done assumes knowledge of Quicken's sales and finances beyond what we as users can possible know; my assumption is that they don't sell enough Quicken Mac product to allow them to throw more people at it. But that said, they did supposedly nearly double the Mac development staff over the past year after breaking away from Intuit; unfortunately, there's a learning curve for new programmers on a complex code-base, so we haven't yet seen a significant speed-up in new features. But hopefully that bodes well for the future. 

I'm not making excuses for Quicken. I'm explaining why some things have taken longer than we might expect or want, and also reminding that some other features which have been delivered over the past two years were, at the time, top user requests. 

And sure, it's fair for anyone to criticize the company or the product. Where I took issue with your post above is where you had some facts wrong and stated that user votes are ignored by the company.

I'll also disagree with you that Marcus is a "shill for the company." He's not selling us on upgrades; he's telling us what they have -- and often haven't -- accomplished with each upgrade. He's pretty candid about why certain things aren't yet done (as was the case with his post explaining the delays in addressing this specific issue). I agree that it's frustrating that he answers only sporadically, and I wish that Quicken would devote someone to knowledgeably answer questions all the time rather than just here and there after new releases -- but what Marcus does post is, in my opinion, valuable and helpful.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mattyv123mattyv123 Member
    edited January 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Budget Transfers and Credit Card Payments?.

I know this has been discussed on here before, but I want to raise it again to let Quicken know how much of a NECESSITY this "feature" is. In Quicken for Mac, transfers do not show up in budgets. This means savings transfers, credit card payments, etc., cannot be budgeted for -- yet these make up probably half of my actual budget.

I get there's a workaround (show the transfer column, use a non-transfer category, etc.), but that's clunky and shouldn't at all be necessary.

Can someone from Quicken please let us know whether this is something that's being worked on, and what the ETA is?

Trying to not add to the opinions here, it seems like there is an clear justification for why this hasn't been fixed yet:
    • According to Marcus' comment, it sounds like Intuit – for whatever reason – decided on a fundamentally different data structure for investment versus banking transactions, which the new Quicken team has inherited.  To give them the benefit of the doubt there was probably a really good reason for this, and it sounds like budgets weren't even in existence yet so this issue wasn't even thought of as an edge case at the time.
    • While to the end user this may "look" like an easy fix, conflicting data structures under-the-hood makes a change like this non-trivial.
    • When non-trivial, database-level changes are to be made, there is a large risk of regressions and unexpected behavior.  This makes pursing features like these far less attractive, because you risk breaking more people (everyone who has an investment account) than you are helping (those that use budgets like we do in this thread).
    • More engineers does NOT mean a faster or correct result.  It is one of those pesky truths of software that you don't need engineers for a problem like this, but a really really capable product manager and/or architect to accurately and precisely design the changes to be made for one or more engineers to implement. 
    • Strategically, Quicken Cloud sounds far more important to the company than this feature.  Indeed the future is in the cloud and not with native thick-client software, so clearly they are reading the tea leaves and making sure they can survive and remain relevant for at least the next 5 years.
    • Marcus has acknowledged on the other thread that if it were an easy problem they'd fix it.
    So, putting myself in a Quicken product manager's shoes (as a product manager myself), I can appreciate the pickle they are in.  This is a tactical feature improvement that is important to a subset of existing customers, but stands at odds resource-wise with a major strategic initiative that they need to accomplish to appease their board and investors.  I'm sure fixing this is on their roadmap, but not before other more improvement priorities that they feel need to happen first.

With all of the above information, I would be surprised if they got this fixed in the first half of 2018, let alone in 2018 at all... At least that is how I am setting my own expectations now, but of course I'd love it if the Quicken team would tell me I am wrong (in general, a more transparent product-to-customer roadmap or communication strategy would really help out here). 

If that doesn't settle well with you, as a customer you have the power to say you disagree with their priorities and switch to another product.  If you are unsatisfied with the product, go ahead and find something else.  Churn of a customer base with any product is unavoidable as you cannot make everyone happy. The risk of losing customers is only one of several metrics a product organization uses to balance priorities and software development.

However – in my opinion – I think that the decisions being made by the Quicken team are going to elevate the product to a level Intuit was never able to achieve, and we'll all be much happier with it in the long run.

I hope this all helps to shine some light on the subtleties that appear to be at play here!
  • LB522LB522 Member
    edited January 2018

This is a really well written, thoughtful comment. Thank you.
  • DBHDBH Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken for Mac Canada Needs more Budget features.

The budget feature and reporting for Quicken for Mac Canada 2018 really needs to allow one to budget for transfers, as the Windows program does.
  • SevenZarkSevenZark Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes please! I like the ability to add brokerage accounts in Quicken for Mac, but it wreaks havoc with my budget because all the brokerage transactions come into the budget as "uncategorized," putting me thousands of dollars over budget. I find it insane that a Brokerage account would be included in the budget feature by default and even more insane that there is no way to opt out of that. Quicken wants to force me to budget what my brokerage is doing down to the exact amount of individual investment transactions (impossible, btw) if I just want to budget my monthly personal spending?!
  • SevenZarkSevenZark Member
    edited August 2018

So, we should be thinking as if we are employees of Quicken, rather than its customers? Shouldn't a business be prioritizing based on customer needs as much as it can, rather than offer pushback? That pushback doesn't change our needs, after all, no matter how valid you claim it to be. I too have spent time in the product manager role, and I NEVER would have gotten away with the excuse, "It doesn't matter if our customers need it because it's just too hard for us. They can switch to a competitor if they don't like it. It's about us and what's easy for us, NOT about our customers." By the way, the inability to exclude brokerage transactions from budgeting calculation is a VERY standard need, and it's ruining Quicken for me. I find it kind of crazy anybody would ever even want to do that. How do you budget for what your brokerage is doing on a transaction-level basis, just to account for your monthly household spending?
  • Hopeful1Hopeful1 Member
    edited August 2018

The above points you've mentioned are the EXACT reasons I haven't switched from Quicken Windows to Quicken Mac.
  • Amy PatenaudeAmy Patenaude Member
    edited December 2018

You can also VOTE for the related feature to Include or Exclude Accounts on Budgets, here: 
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-ability-to-include-or-exclude-accounts-on-bu...

Be sure to click on the link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of each one, your vote will NOT be counted!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

This is fundamental!  The whole point of showing progress against budget is LOST if you don't have this!!!  Other free budget software does this, I hate having to use something else manual rather than just have it integrated with my Quicken.  Real disappointment. 
  • RCinNJRCinNJ Member
    edited September 2018
    This may be the most voted for thread and yet no action from the developers. I want to include withdrawals from my brokerage account as income in my annual budgeting, but QM nulls out the withdrawal because it is transferred INTO another of my accounts. This just seems like such a basic need in a program that claims to do budgeting.

Before finding this thread, I just spent a couple of hours looking for a work around that makes sense to me. I've seen suggested work arounds but the cost/benefit of doing the work-- and possibly having to undo all the work if this ever gets fixed-- doesn't seem worth it to me. 
    edited September 2018
    RCinNJ said:

This may be the most voted for thread and yet no action from the developers. I want to include withdrawals from my brokerage account as income in my annual budgeting, but QM nulls out the withdrawal because it is transferred INTO another of my accounts. This just seems like such a basic need in a program that claims to do budgeting.

Before finding this thread, I just spent a couple of hours looking for a work around that makes sense to me. I've seen suggested work arounds but the cost/benefit of doing the work-- and possibly having to undo all the work if this ever gets fixed-- doesn't seem worth it to me. 

The fact that this STILL has not been addressed in the four recent versions of Quicken Mac 2015 through 2018 has me greatly concerned.

I don't think I've ever seen a personal financial software except Quicken Mac that does NOT give you the flexibility to account for ANY transfers in the budgeting process by letting you select specific accounts.

This, combined with reports that don't allow accounting for one end of a transfer, have resulted in me still running Quicken Windows on a virtual machine alongside my Quicken Mac.  

I'm not sure how other personal financial software can be developed from the ground up and released to the public in much less time than the Quicken Mac development team is taking to add a crucial piece to the users financial picture.

Pretty sure almost all Mac users are tired of the excuses and the "well, it's still a work in progress".  Four long years is long enough already with this egregious omission.  
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    edited August 2018
    RCinNJ said:

Well, just for the sake of accuracy, the 12-month budgeting feature didn't exist in Quicken 2015, and didn't appear until midway through the Quicken 2016 product year, in May 2019. So it's really a little more than two years since the budget feature was introduced. In the time since, a number of improvements to budgets have been made, including the ability to print a budget which was missing from the original release.

That said, I don't know how or why transfers were not included in the original planning for the budget functionality. We don't know if it was an oversight, or if it was a complex issue that they decided to pass over initially in order to release the core budget functionality for users who were clamoring for it. In any case, around the time the budget feature was being finished and released is when Quicken was sold by Intuit, and the developers subsequently lost a lot of time over the next year re-creating some of the back-end services which had been provided by Intuit. 

But product management heard the cry loud and clear; product manager Marcus wrote last year that "we don't currently support transfers in a budget but we know people want to track them for things like mortgage payments and moving money for savings.  It's definitely on our long-term roadmap for budgets."

Once the initial shift off Intuit's servers was out of the way, they ran into a problem last fall with the way budgets worked in the mobile app, again due to moving off Intuit back-end services. This required a fairly lengthy re-write of the budget section of the mobile app code which was just recently completed. The mobile app is done by a different team at Quicken than the Mac team, and Marcus stated that the Mac team wouldn't work on changes to the budget functionality until the mobile team was done their work, in order to avoid having to re-do their work to maintain compatibility with the mobile app. Now that the new version of the mobile app has recently been released, the way should be clear for the Mac team to dive back into making the necessary changes to the Mac code to allow transfers to be selectively included in budgets.

I agree it's been a long time, and I'm not making any excuses for the pace of development at Quicken -- just explaining the unfortunate sequence of events that got us here. I think some fairly significant architectural work is needed to get budgets to selectively recognize transfers, so I'm still not expecting this functionality in the immediate future -- but I do hope we'll see this work get tackled in the months ahead. If you're looking for any positives or hope, it's that they know people are waiting for this functionality, have promised to address it, and have progressed past some of the roadblocks that have delayed it.
    edited September 2018
    RCinNJ said:

It's been a long time... you ARE making excuses...and no one really cares anymore about the pitfalls that have been from Intuit to Quicken Inc.

What's maddening is that I see other software products being released that DON'T have this issue.  Every single one of them allows for transfers such as mortgage principal payments, retirement income withdrawals and such to be accounted for, planned in budgets and included in reports. 

As a matter of fact, NO financial software other than Quicken Mac has this issue.  NONE!  What does that tell you?

I thank you for the history.  But two and a half years (doesn't matter one bit if it's four years, two and half years or one year), and growing each and every day, it's too much already.  After users clamored for this to be added in the software since the budget was instituted, all we've gotten from Quicken Marcus and Quicken Inc is promises, lip service and "it's on the road map". Quicken Marcus...that was LAST year.  Another year, still no added feature to include or exclude transfers in reports or budgets.

No more excuses.  No more promises that it's on the Quicken Mac road map.  This is a fundamental and glaring omission by Quicken, which THEY acknowledge...and MUST be fixed ASAP.  We, the customers, have to suffer because Quicken can't get to it?  What kind of a way to run a company is this?  Customers DEMAND this feature for years...and they haven't gotten around to it?  This is THE number one voted feature to add to Quicken...and they don't have the resources to do this?  

Because we're all just sick and tired already of having to do workarounds for the budgets and reports just because Quicken can't get to it.  This is personal FINANCIAL software.

And without it providing ACCURATE data and reports, this software is ... well, I can't say it on this community.  Instead, I have to manually add in my mortgage principal payments.  I can't budget for any investment income because they zero out the deposit to my checking account, thus Quicken Mac thinks that no income has been generated.  I've had to enter separate entries for categories and transfer accounts for some transactions, which isn't really allowed in QM 2018.  It's been one omission or workaround after another.  

And please, don't go posting with a link about up voting this idea.  We're tired of it falling on deaf ears. 
    edited September 2018
    RCinNJ said:

The most insane things to hear from any company:

1 We're too busy to get it done.

2 It's too complex to get it done.
  • LB522LB522 Member
    edited December 2018

You can also VOTE for the related feature to Include or Exclude Accounts on Budgets, here: 
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-ability-to-include-or-exclude-accounts-on-bu...

Be sure to click on the link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Agree.  Probably don't have to explain that using one's gross income, less apportionments to 401k and automatic savings, then covering college tuition and housing which are funded from a 529, to develop a simple budget in Quicken is... impossible without account transfers.   

I see that this was "on the long term roadmap" two years ago.  Baffled by the Quicken dev work done during that time on weird, esoteric, niche audience features that have been done in the meantime ... while this previously available capability has not been put at the top of the list.    (crickets)
  • QMac UserQMac User Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Make scheduled transactions automatically appear in the budget.

It would be super helpful if scheduled transactions (including transfers) could automatically appear in the budget - or at least give the option to do so. This was a standard feature in Microsoft Money and it was sooo great. I hope Quicken will implement this soon!

• Rory RussellRory Russell Member
    edited November 2018

I agree, a major issue, it affects mortgage and credit cards in my budget, 2 significant items. Can’t use the budget figure
    edited November 2018
    jacobs said:

This feature, when implemented, must be flexible enough to enable/disable transfer from the budget on an account-by-account basis. (Since being able to select accounts for budgets is a feature request Quicken has not yet implemented, I suspect it's why including/'excluding transfers has also not yet been implemented.) Here's why: a transfer to pay your credit card bill should NOT be included int he budget, because you already have all the individual expense transactions in your credit account reflected in the budget. But a transfer to pay down a loan SHOULD be included i your budget, since it's money coming out of your cash flow every month. And you might want the option to include transfers to a retirement or non-retirement savings account in your budget, too, if you set a plan for savings and want to make sure you stick to it. So making ALL transfers show up in the budget won't work; it has to be implemented so it can be done on an account-by-account basis.

Another year down the road with no solution only candy changes and updates
    edited October 2018

I just migrated from Windows to Mac and this is a showstopper for me.  I now have to keep my old Windows laptop just for running Quicken so I can manage my cash flow in Budgets.  Mac team, please include this feature ASAP.

2 years and nothing. Voting is a joke as is Quicken for MAC without their budget feature working
  • JimJim Member
    edited January 7
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Feature Request: Budget tracking of transfers to savings accounts.

*** I ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS 4 YEARS AGO. EDITED AND REPOSTED. ***
    *** DESIRED CAPABILITY STILL NEEDED! ***

Bottom Line: Even Quicken 2012 (Windows) has advanced budgeting features that allow "transfers out" to be tracked in your budget. This simple feature is essential and must be added to Quicken for Mac. It's been a long time request from multiple users!
    Explanation: The correct way to account for a savings transfer - as many users already know - is to categorize these fund transactions as transfers in both accounts (out of checking, into savings). This way, the "Net" income/expense is properly accounted for. A work around would be to categorize the transfer as an expense so it shows up in my monthly budget, but then my "Net" summary for all my accounts would be improperly summarized. To keep the "Net" summary accurate while still allowing the user to account for the savings transfers in a monthly budget, Quicken 2012 allowed the user more customizable options; i.e., the "transfer out" feature under advanced budgeting.

Implementation: This feature could be implemented in Quicken for Mac in a similar fashion or it could be added in a new and unique way (e.g. a check box under the savings account's settings that would allow transfers to be counted in the budget). I really have no UI preference, I simply want to be able to include my transfers to my savings accounts in my monthly budget. Why? It's the way I think most of us mentally attack our budgets - I know how much I make in a month and I want to compare that against how much I'm spending & transferring out (not just spending). 

I encourage all users to keep voting and requesting this necessary Budget feature for Quicken for Mac. 

Suggesting post on this request worth following:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-ability-to-include-or-exclude-transfers-on-b...

• WannabeWannabe Member
    edited November 2018
    Jim said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Feature Request: Budget tracking of transfers to savings accounts.

Bottom Line: Even Quicken 2012 (Windows) has advanced budgeting features that allow "transfers out" to be tracked in your budget. This simple feature is essential and must be added to Quicken for Mac. It's been a long time request from multiple users!
    Explanation: The correct way to account for a savings transfer - as many users already know - is to categorize these fund transactions as transfers in both accounts (out of checking, into savings). This way, the "Net" income/expense is properly accounted for. A work around would be to categorize the transfer as an expense so it shows up in my monthly budget, but then my "Net" summary for all my accounts would be improperly summarized. To keep the "Net" summary accurate while still allowing the user to account for the savings transfers in a monthly budget, Quicken 2012 allowed the user more customizable options; i.e., the "transfer out" feature under advanced budgeting.

Implementation: This feature could be implemented in Quicken for Mac in a similar fashion or it could be added in a new and unique way (e.g. a check box under the savings account's settings that would allow transfers to be counted in the budget). I really have no UI preference, I simply want to be able to include my transfers to my savings accounts in my monthly budget. Why? It's the way I think most of us mentally attack our budgets - I know how much I make in a month and I want to compare that against how much I'm spending & transferring out (not just spending). 

I encourage all users to keep voting and requesting this necessary Budget feature for Quicken for Mac. 

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-ability-to-include-or-exclude-transfers-on-b...

I don't think I'll live long enough to actually see Quicken Mac add the ability to Include or Exclude transfer transactions.

We've already been waiting four years.  Four YEARS!!!

It doesn't matter how slow development is or how few developers they have, something as essential as this (which EVERY other financial software has) should have been a top priority long ago.

And please don't have one of the Quicken SuperUsers come on here telling us it's in the future plans and to VOTE UP the idea.  Since this is the NUMBER ONE voted up issue and still hasn't been implemented, the votes mean zero.  
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser
    edited November 2018
    Jim said:

One of the big obstacles for Quicken working on this has only recently been addressed, that is the complete backend rework of budgets syncing with Quicken Mobile. This was needed as a result of separation from Intuit. 

Now that this is finally done, Quicken has acknowledged that this is a feature they will be/are working on but that it will take time as it requires significant rework in QMac to make it work. (Just passing on info, so do not shoot the messenger)

If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.

(QM2007, Canadian user since '92)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
  • LesLes Member
    edited November 2018
    Jim said:

2019 is out and I'm still using a 2007 -  12 years later because they can't or don't want to fix this budget problem.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    edited November 2018
    Jim said:

Les, if you read the comments above in this thread, you'll see that it's neither "don't want to" nor "can't" -- the product manager last fall acknowledged this as a top issue for Quicken Mac customers, and publicly have committed to fixing this aspect of budget functionality. (It's quite rare for him to pre-announce a feature they will definitely work on changing.) I won't write here about all the stops, starts, and twists of direction in the development of Quicken for Mac since Quicken 2007 came out. What's relevant is that they've committed to developing this functionality. The product manager explained last year that they couldn't start on that project until the re-write of the mobile app was complete a few months ago, but there's every reason to now expect this functionality to come too the Mac product in the short-term future. We don't know exactly what that will be, but I'd guess within the next half year, and likely sooner.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the frustration with this functionality not existing yet int he modern Quicken Mac. And don't shoot the messenger; I'm just a fellow Quicken user waiting for this like you are, but reading what they've said about this issue makes me optimistic the long wait will be over in 2019.
  • JimJim Member
    edited January 5
    One idea for including Transfers on the Budget tab: Simply use Excel-style, classic conditional formatting rules. Allow users to create custom entries for the Budget. Name: "Savings Transfers", Accounts from (Select all that apply): "BoA Checking", Accounts to (Select all that apply): "BoA Family Savings", Additional Filters: "Tag = " or "Payee Includes = ", etc., etc. 
  • Betty KnutsonBetty Knutson Member
    edited November 2018
    jacobs said:

This feature, when implemented, must be flexible enough to enable/disable transfer from the budget on an account-by-account basis. (Since being able to select accounts for budgets is a feature request Quicken has not yet implemented, I suspect it's why including/'excluding transfers has also not yet been implemented.) Here's why: a transfer to pay your credit card bill should NOT be included int he budget, because you already have all the individual expense transactions in your credit account reflected in the budget. But a transfer to pay down a loan SHOULD be included i your budget, since it's money coming out of your cash flow every month. And you might want the option to include transfers to a retirement or non-retirement savings account in your budget, too, if you set a plan for savings and want to make sure you stick to it. So making ALL transfers show up in the budget won't work; it has to be implemented so it can be done on an account-by-account basis.

In older versions of Quicken, you could select in your budget to include certain specific total loan payments - like mortgage and car payment. In my budget, I need to include the total loan payment and not just the interest / taxes etc.

If they could do it before, they can certainly figure out how to do it again. It worked beautifully.

In Mac 2019, I am having to exclude the non-principal amounts from my budget, and manually include the total loan payment amounts and transfers to savings and non-interest (like care credit) loans. Making a budget in Quicken now is useless. Come on Quicken, listen to your long-term users. We NEED this, and we've been asking for it back for years. And YES,  I voted!
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    edited December 2018
    jacobs said:

Betty, it's not that they can't figure out how to do it, it's simply (or perhaps not so simply) a matter of juggling their limited personnel/time resources to address a lot of things users are asking them to change/fix/enhance with the program.

Because we all use Quicken differently, what's important to you may not be to someone else, and visa versa. For instance, another user says they don't use budgeting, but they can't migrate off the old Quicken 2007 because Quicken 2019 still doesn't have a report where the user can specify what data to put in rows and columns, for such things as payroll or rental property management. You might say the reports are fine for you as-is, but you need to be able to generate an accurate budget. No one is wrong, and Quicken knows they need to tackle both issue. It's just a matter of which they do first. That could depend on how much time they estimate it will take, which of the engineers need to be involved in modifying different parts of the program, the number of users they think are affected, etc. 

In this case, the product manager acknowledged late last year that this is near the top of the list of user requests, and that they will tackle this. (It's rare for them to state something they will definitely include in a future release, so that's hugely encouraging.) He explained that they needed to wait for the overhaul of the Quicken Mobile App, which is developed by a different team at Quicken and needs to work with budgets from both the Quicken Windows and Quicken Mac programs, before they started work on modifying Quicken Mac budgets. The mobile app work was completed a few months ago, so there's therefore reason to expect this will show up sometime in 2019; unfortunately, there's no way to know exactly when.
  • Donald MooreDonald Moore Member
    edited January 6
    jacobs said:

I hear what you are saying.  I went to Quicken Mac, kicking and screaming, only after I got tired of technical issues running a virtual Windows system on my MAC.  The ONLY reason I did this was to keep running Quicken Deluxe for Windows.  At times I really miss my QDW that I ran for many, many years.  Losing the ability for the budget to include/exclude transfers was a major reason I took so long.  

There were a lot of other things I liked better in QDW than QM.  I acknowledge that there have been some nice improvements in QM and that I have also been able to adjust to the major differences between how QDW vs QM displays information.  However, I really miss this feature!
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser
    edited January 20
    jacobs said:

Donald, hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer for this functionality to be added to Quicken Mac; I certainly expect it sometime in 2019.
  • JimJim Member
    edited January 5
    Quicken Support: Any updates or comments? I’d sure appreciate some information before I spend multiple days painfully implementing a Band-Aid solution to my finances in order to track transfers within my budget...
  • JimJim Member
    edited January 5
    Frustrated that this is still a Windows-version only feature. Budget transfers between accounts...

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-d...