My bank says they no longer support Quicken... How do I cancel my subscription?

Rich BaranskiRich Baranski Member
edited January 2019 in
Cancel my Subscription

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    How about changing banks instead? There are plenty of banks available where download works (almost always), with low or no fees, good credit card interest rates, etc., just shop around.
    Instead of giving up on Quicken because of your bank ... change banks. That'll teach them.

By the way ... what's the name of your bank?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    And, you can't "cancel your subscription" if you purchased/activated Q more than 30 days ago.  That's the limit of the refund window.

Certainly, you can not renew your current subscription, or you can just quit using Q ... but there's no refund after the 30 day window.

BUT, I'd just change banks ... and I'd let them know why I'm leaving.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Rich BaranskiRich Baranski Member
    edited November 2018
     UKR, SuperUser..... The name of my bank is the Chicago Patrolmen's Federal Credit Union.

I am going to stop using Quicken because of my bank no longer supporting it. I purchased Quicken, installed it on my PC and received a free year for my subscription. But after that year I am sure I will get an email from Quicken wanting me to pay for another year.

I guess at that time I can inform them that I no longer use Quicken. 

Thanks for the reply.....
  • Rich_MRich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If you don't want to change banks, you can still use Quicken by entering your transactions manually, if that's manageable for you.

I've been doing this for decades with my banking accounts.  I do have the accounts activated for downloads, but only for reconciliation purposes, to catch discrepancies that need to be corrected.

In my experience doing it this way actually saves time, I find too many people download all their transactions first and then spend time correcting categories and descriptions afterwards, which takes longer.

With Quicken's Memorized Payee list and autofill features, manually entry can be a breeze.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10
  • WannabeWannabe Member
    edited December 2018
    Also, if you DO have a Quicken subscription, make sure you go to quicken.com and check your account.

See if the subscription is on auto-renewal.  If it is, when the subscription lapses Quicken will automatically charge your credit card AGAIN to renew.

Ergo...make sure you have auto-renewal unchecked.  
  • edited December 2018
    Wannabe said:

Also, if you DO have a Quicken subscription, make sure you go to quicken.com and check your account.

See if the subscription is on auto-renewal.  If it is, when the subscription lapses Quicken will automatically charge your credit card AGAIN to renew.

I am having a hard time figuring out how to cancel my renewal. Can you walk me through and show me where to find the button, please? I just purchased a new 3rd party activation. Thanks.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Wannabe said:

Hello Elliott,

Step by step instructions to turn off the Auto-Renew option are available at https://www.quicken.com/support/how-cancel-membership-auto-renewal.

I hope this information is helpful but please let us know how it goes and if you are still unable to turn off the Auto-Renew.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.