Here's my Quicken complaint

13»

Comments

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

mistertheplague

I currently see only two ways to remedy your -3.5$ YTD, sell every thing and put it in your mattress or put it in your local bank at .2% interest.  In fact, the mattress may be the best best, it won't generate any income which you would then be taxed on.  :-)

Here is an article that has prices vs interest rate.
    https://www.bankrate.com/finance/mortgages/rising-rates-lower-house-prices.aspx

As they point out though, the prices are more affected by the economy than the current interest rate.

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

mistertheplague

I currently see only two ways to remedy your -3.5$ YTD, sell every thing and put it in your mattress or put it in your local bank at .2% interest.  In fact, the mattress may be the best best, it won't generate any income which you would then be taxed on.  :-)

MTP, what's the connection between student loan debt and being able to sell your house? No buyers because they all already have way too much debt?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

mistertheplague

So, MSH, you are giving MTP his own TLA, like QPW?

- RJS
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

mistertheplague

I'm trying to think of a snappy TLA filled response, but it's been a long day and the synapses just ain't cooperating.

But the MTP handle would solve that awkward situation where you don't know if you know someone well enough to call them by their first name (mister) or should it be the more formal Mr. plague? And using mistertheplague seems like when your mom was mad and called you by your first, middle, and last name - mistertheplague, you get in here this minute and explain who broke this lamp. But maybe I am over thinking the whole thing...
  • mistertheplaguemistertheplague Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

mistertheplague

Wish there was a “love” option
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

mistertheplague

For some reason I think in the old forum I had an avatar subtitle that read, “Plague is fine.”
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

mistertheplague

And yes, @msh, significant student loan debt is burying potential homebuyers, especially millennials.

They can’t save a sufficient downpayment and even if they could mortgage underwriters are turning up their noses at the would-be borrower’s dicey DTI ratio.

Or worse, they’ve defaulted on the loans which — since student loans are almost never dischargeable — saddles the borrower with subprime credit and the original debt.

A smaller pool of qualified homebuyers might mean the difference between retiring to Clearwater rather than Sarasota.
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

mistertheplague

Or Panama City rather than Clearwater.
    edited December 2018
    splasher said:

mistertheplague

Or saying screw it, I’ll stay in Cleveland for a few more years and see if the market improves, and it never does, and now you’re buried somewhere in Cleveland rather than having your ashes gloriously scattered in the Atlantic Ocean.All because of that [edited] gd Sallie Mae.
    edited December 2018
    Just wanted to say I've thoroughly enjoyed the intelligent discussion of financial matters more broadly. I wish more of this forum was devoted thusly. Thanks, folks.

And @mshiggins: my real name is Mark. You definitely know me well enough to use it if you'd like.
  • edited December 2018
    How to see that this Quicken's fault?
    By crude comparison: my investment portfolio was good when I was working with MS Money.
    Mine is down too. So I think this is general issue, a bug somewhere in the software and we should get our money back!!!!!
    edited December 2018

Just wanted to say I've thoroughly enjoyed the intelligent discussion of financial matters more broadly. I wish more of this forum was devoted thusly. Thanks, folks.

And @mshiggins: my real name is Mark. You definitely know me well enough to use it if you'd like.

Thanks, Mark. My first name is Mary. Nice to "meet" you :-)
    edited December 2018

You too, Mary :)