Manually added transaction disappear after automatic download.

I enter all my transactions in quicken manually the download and match them when cleared however recently my when I download transaction they are showing a status of new and the manual enters are gone.

Comments

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Are you sure it isn't New Match?  (try expanding the Status column)
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited October 2018
    Brian, when you mention showing the status of New, is this showing as such in the Accept transactions  (Downloaded Transactions) Window Pane? 

I have had this happen to me a couple of times for some reason. In this condition I find that the corresponding transaction that I had manually entered in the register had disappeared..  
    However, when I highlight the transaction in the Downloaded Transaction Window Pane, the corresponding manually entered transaction automatically reappears, in tact, in the register. So the manually entered transaction was not deleted; just hidden  Still, however,, the Status  in the Downloaded Transaction Window Pane remained as New.

Just accept the "New" transaction entry in the Downloaded Transaction Window Pane, and it will match with the reappearing transaction in the register. It will also mark the reappearing transaction as cleared.

Confusing? Yes!! (grin) I think the development team is aware of this odd occurrence.
    Have I described what is happening in your case?

Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    QPW said:

If you are using the Downloaded Transactions tab, disregard this comment.
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited September 2018
    Jerry said:

Brian, when you mention showing the status of New, is this showing as such in the Accept transactions  (Downloaded Transactions) Window Pane? 

I have had this happen to me a couple of times for some reason. In this condition I find that the corresponding transaction that I had manually entered in the register had disappeared..  
    However, when I highlight the transaction in the Downloaded Transaction Window Pane, the corresponding manually entered transaction automatically reappears, in tact, in the register. So the manually entered transaction was not deleted; just hidden  Still, however,, the Status  in the Downloaded Transaction Window Pane remained as New.

Just accept the "New" transaction entry in the Downloaded Transaction Window Pane, and it will match with the reappearing transaction in the register. It will also mark the reappearing transaction as cleared.

Confusing? Yes!! (grin) I think the development team is aware of this odd occurrence.

As I now remember, the reappearing transactions in the register did have a field change, and that was the transaction date - reflecting the downloaded posting date of the transactions. Luckily, I still had paper receipts showing the dates I initially entered as the transaction dates.
  • edited October 2018
    Jerry said:

What you discribe is the same thing I see happening. Not the end of the world but for someone who uses quicken everyday it’s annoying. I’m sure it’s a glitch in an update because I hasn’t seen it happen until about 3 weeks ago
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited September 2018
    Jerry said:

We hear you/ (grin)

I think that User Snowman best sunned the trouble by his remark in another Thread :

"It seems that Quicken is making an effort to start to fix the plethora of issues that are now plaguing the software.  It has been a kind of 2 steps forward and 1 step back where when Intuit ran the show it was 2 steps back maybe one step forward."

I think the development team is slowly making progress.

• edited September 2018

You should backup to the cloud after adding manually. Our wherever you backup to.
  • Greg GuarryGreg Guarry Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Downloaded transactions are over-writing pre-entered transactions.

If I enter a transaction when it occurs then days later when I download from my bank instead of getting a transaction match the pre-entered transaction is gone and the downloaded transaction show up as NEW.  This presents a problem because any extra memo notes are gone and the date is the cleared date no the date of my transaction.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    QPW said:

BTW for what is worth, this problem doesn't show up in when the user is in automatic entry mode (not using the Downloaded Transactions tab).
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited September 2018
    QPW said:

I think your discovery will help the development team arrive at a solution.

Since using the latest version of Q2018 R12.15, I have yet to again experience this problem. Have to wait and see. (grin)

By the way, I am curious as to what "QPW" signifies; since you have changed you User Name to include "Chris"?
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    QPW said:

See his website

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenp...
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited September 2018
    QPW said:

Thanks, 

volvogirl, There is always a good reason. (grin)
  • Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited September 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Downloaded transactions are over-writing pre-entered transactions.

If I enter a transaction when it occurs then days later when I download from my bank instead of getting a transaction match the pre-entered transaction is gone and the downloaded transaction show up as NEW.  This presents a problem because any extra memo notes are gone and the date is the cleared date no the date of my transaction.

Greg Guarry, since you have joined this Thread, be sure to read all the Posts here for any further insight. (grin).

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    QPW said:

BTW the reason for including my name in my username here was to keep the scammers on their toes.  They have been copying my username to send out scam email too (just like the SuperUsers/Moderators usernames being copied).
  • JamieCogenJamieCogen Member
    edited September 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Automatic Matching.

Last night I paid all my bills and added them to my checking register. (These were bills that I have setup as recurring)

Today, I downloaded transactions from my bank and the two transactions that downloaded are two bills that i paid last night.

The downloaded transactions say "new" instead of "match". 

Looking through my register I can't find the two bills that i paid (that should match the two that just downloaded)

After pressing accept the two bills are now showing in the register as cleared.

I know 100% that I entered these because I put the payment confirmation number in the memo field to remind myself that i in-fact paid them online.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • edited September 2018
    Having the same problem, but only with one account.
  • edited September 2018
    Definitely.  I do not claim to have a perfect memory, but there instances where I know for sure I have entered a transaction but when I download Quicken does not find it to match to.  Sometimes I can manually match it - no idea why the download can't because the amounts are identical - but other times it appears to have been deleted. 
    I agree with the poster above that the most frustrating thing about this is that you lose the transaction # you put in from the bank for things you paid online, and any notes/categorization that was in the keyed transaction.  Most importantly if it was a split transaction that's gone as well!
  • Ron BarrettRon Barrett Member
    edited October 2018
    I am having the same problem with my entries in the register being removed when I do a download of my credit card transactions. 
    I enter all (or most) of the credit card transactions from my paper receipts. I want to "match" them to the downloaded transactions before accepting the "CLEAR" in the register, so I know I am paying the right amount to the credit card company at the end of the month.

This problem began for me with my version upgrade prior to the version I'm using now. 

In my case, the entry I've manually entered in my register is being completely removed from the register, and the entry is showing in the window below the register as NEW. 

There is no NEW MATCH status, and there is not way to expand the column width as one user has suggested.

With this new process now, I cannot tell if the downloaded transaction is valid or not. I cannot tell if the information I've entered in the description field is valid or not. I cannot tell if the categories I've entered in the register, that is now gone, are valid or not. 

Sometimes the categories I've entered are gone, and sometimes they appear to remain. I cannot see a pattern.

I have reported this to the Quicken support, and have heard no response.

• Jerry_Jerry_ Member
    edited October 2018
    Folks, I have mentioned the following in my previous posts on this Thread,

Currently, I am on QWP2018 R12.15. The last two times in Quicken, I have also experienced the disappearing of transactions in an Account Register: to eventually find the missing transaction(s) (in tact) in the Register when selecting the "New"  transaction(s) in the lower Downloaded Transaction Window Pane or Tab.  One has to minimize the lower Window Pane or Tab to view the reappearing transaction(s) in the register. Accepting the New transaction will match the reappearing transaction in the above register. The only difference I find is that the Transaction Date displays the Downloaded Posting Date (in the register).

So, I have been keeping any paper receipts to restore the Transaction Date. I do find that the actual Transaction Date usually occurs around two days before the Posting Date.

Is anybody actually experiencing my described situation ?

• Ron BarrettRon Barrett Member
    edited October 2018
    Jerry,
    I have had problems with transactions disappearing too. The transactions I had manually entered in the register would disappear when/after I downloaded credit card transactions. They would then show as NEW in the window below the register. These type of transactions would show as MATCH in prior versions.

I've just downloaded upgrade 2019 R14.23. I have build 27.1.14.23

I use the Home/Business/Rental Windows version.

This problem appears to have been corrected in this upgrade !!!!

• edited October 2018
    I downloaded the new version build 27.1.14.23 and I still have the issue and perhaps its gotten worse. 
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I downloaded the new version build 27.1.14.23 and I still have the issue and perhaps its gotten worse. 

Brian Sotdorus Do you use Quicken Cloud?

That might be as the heart of your problem.

If you use it I suggest resetting your cloud data:
    Help -> Preferences -> Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts -> Reset your cloud data
  • edited October 2018
    I reset close data and it made no difference.
  • edited October 2018
    Cloud data is what I meant
  • edited December 2018
    This is definitely related to the Web Application (via web browser).   When I first started to play with the Web Application I noticed my manually entered transactions were disappearing. I stopped using the web application for several weeks and the problem went away. Today, for the first time in weeks, I looked at the web application (just looked!), and then later opened Quicken on Windows and did my usual on-line update. BOOM! downloaded transactions that should have matched my previously entered manual transactions were showing up as NEW!  Same problem has reappeared immediately after using the Web App.  I swear this has to do with the cloud data and you don't even have to enter transactions via mobile, or via web. Just LOOKING at it on the web causes this problem!!!
  • edited December 2018

This is definitely related to the Web Application (via web browser).   When I first started to play with the Web Application I noticed my manually entered transactions were disappearing. I stopped using the web application for several weeks and the problem went away. Today, for the first time in weeks, I looked at the web application (just looked!), and then later opened Quicken on Windows and did my usual on-line update. BOOM! downloaded transactions that should have matched my previously entered manual transactions were showing up as NEW!  Same problem has reappeared immediately after using the Web App.  I swear this has to do with the cloud data and you don't even have to enter transactions via mobile, or via web. Just LOOKING at it on the web causes this problem!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but I have never - and I mean never - even looked at the web application nor would I know where to go.  All of my settings are non-cloud based.  Cloud data is not set up.  So my view is it can't be related to that unless something nefarious is going on... call me paranoid I guess.  
This discussion has been closed.