Currencies not available/ reported on the Web

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] ✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
I have 2 currencies, CAD and USD in my QM2019
when I look on the Web it is all under a same currency, no exchange rate and no mentions if it is USD (U$) ( my main is CAD )
and of course no conversion occurs
I have QM2019 Deluxe Canads

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Quicken cloud only supports one currency.

For Quicken Windows US that is USD.
    For Quicken Windows Canadian that is CAD.

I don't know if this holds for Quicken Mac, but it certainly isn't going to have them both.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    P.S. Actually from your description I guess the answer is that Quicken Mac is syncing all accounts, and ignoring the currency.  On Quicken Windows it doesn't allow you to sync accounts that are not the right currency.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thanks,
    I hope they add currencies, otherwise it is somehow useless
    I have a Quicken Mac Canadina version, all accounts show ( USD and CAD), but with the actual values, no conversion

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2020

Thanks,
    I have a Quicken Mac Canadina version, all accounts show ( USD and CAD), but with the actual values, no conversion

Gilles, although this seems like a limitation the developers are likely well aware of, I'd definitely suggest using the Report a Problem option on the Help menu in Quicken to report this. As you say, it's pretty worthless if it just randomly mixes currencies that the desktop products support.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Thanks,

I'll do report
    Thanks
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

Thanks,

Note there is also a "Feedback" button in the Mobile app and Web interfaces you can use to report problems.  These would go to a different group than the Help menu from the Desktop version.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    You can add your VOTE to Add true multi-currency support in Quicken for Web.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS for Quicken Mobile by following the simple steps found here on the List of Requests for Quicken on the Web Features.

Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I agree with Votes matter
    but this is a flaw in Quicken Web, that makes it useless
    not a question of "add a feature"
    if currencies are available in QM ( and QW I suppose ) then the Web site should reflect this or
    Keep it beta as not available for use publicly ( so it is for QMobile

It certainly not a question of adding a feature
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

if currencies are available in QM ( and QW I suppose ) then the Web site should reflect this or

I disagree.  First off to the developers if it isn't working "as designed" that is a flaw/bug, anything else is a feature request.

Second it "known" that "Quicken Cloud/Mobile app/Web" are "limited" feature set apps.

If we went by your criteria, anything that Quicken Desktop can do and Quicken Cloud can't do would be a flaw/bug.  That isn't true.

And there is the fact that probably more than 90% of Quicken customers don't use multiple currencies.

So that alone means that other features that the 90% of users are asking for will probably get higher priority.

BTW one could even argue that the flaw/bug is in Quicken Mac.

Quicken Windows blocks syncing of accounts that aren't USD for the US version and CAD for the Canadian one.

And they certainly shouldn't keep it in beta just because it doesn't fit your use case.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Well "Quicken Windows blocks syncing of accounts that aren't USD for the US version and CAD for the Canadian one."
    Quicken Mac CAD does not block anything, any accounts

it shows totals including values form USD accounts and CAD accounts, which does not make sense, if some account wouldn't show then it might be by design

Quicken publicize that they have multi currencies and conversion, if it is not important for them, they can just stop doing it to be in line with the 90% you say do not care
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

Well there is "marketing" and there is the "fine print".
    Marketing says that you can be up and running with you finances in about 15 minutes.

And the "marketing" is for multiple currency support is for Quicken Desktop, not for Quicken Mobile/Web.  Multiple currency support isn't mentioned for Quicken Mobile/Web anywhere.

Second off even for Quicken Desktop the multiple currency support is "limited".
    It stacks up like this.

Quicken Windows Canadian has the best support of any version.
    For instance it records the daily currency exchange rates.  But there are still some "holes" in its support.

Quicken Windows US has it but it has more "holes".  For instance it only stores the most current daily exchange rate.

I'm not sure of the exact state of Quicken Mac US/Canadian since I don't use it, but I believe recently it might have got from the point where all it did was put a different currency symbol on an account to where it might actually store the current daily exchange rate.  I'm not clear at this point if it actually asks for/records exchange rate for a transfer between accounts of different currencies.

But I think it is an accurate statement that Quicken Mac/Canadian is behind the curve even to Quicken Windows US.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

BTW, as for QMac (CA & US, they are the same product, unlike QWIn), there is minimal support for multi-currency such that an exchange rate is required when recording transfers between accounts of different currencies BUT the records are not linked, in that once it is recorded, changing the exchange rate on one side of the transactions does not update the other side, so you can end up with a discrepancy. And there is conversion into the home currency in the sidebar. But that is the extent of it as of now. 

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

PS. just FYI, migrating from QWin to QMac does not currently carry over currency exchange data either.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unable to update transaction in Quicken on the web.

I uploaded all my transactions in Quicken desktop manually, by creating accounts not connected to Quicken. Now I want to update my transactions on quicken web, which I am unable to do for all accounts except for my USD account. Can anybody explain why is this happening ?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2020

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unable to update transaction in Quicken on the web.

I uploaded all my transactions in Quicken desktop manually, by creating accounts not connected to Quicken. Now I want to update my transactions on quicken web, which I am unable to do for all accounts except for my USD account. Can anybody explain why is this happening ?

Only one currency is supported at this time on the Quicken Cloud accounts.
    For the US version that is USD, for the Canadian version that is CAD.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

You can add your VOTE to Add true multi-currency support in Quicken for Web.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS for Quicken Mobile by following the simple steps found here on the List of Requests for Quicken on the Web Features.

Your VOTES matter!

This discussion has been closed.