2019 Quicken Premier color scheme- adjustable? Way to stark and bright! Hurts my eyes.

edited December 2018 in
2019 color scheme is killing my eyes.  Is this adjustable?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    To be more specific, the register colors are what bother my eyes.  The white or gray option is still leaves me squinting to see my register - even with my monitor adjusted to 30% dimness.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Try EDIT, Preferences, Colors ... and see if you can find a combination to your liking.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Unfortunately users have been complaining about the retina burning brightness for more than two years and Quicken does not place any priority on the issue.

You can vote up and add your comments to the suggestion that Quicken enable user selectable color schemes here:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Try EDIT, Preferences, Colors ... and see if you can find a combination to your liking.

You can also change the "striping" color in the register, which might help.

Edit -> Preferences -> Register -> Colors...
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    For what is worth though even though I definitely prefer dark schemes I can't see how Quicken is any different than say a web browser or Word, Notepad, Excel, ...
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jeff you don't say what OS you are using, but in Windows 10, there are tools to dim, or adjust your brightness automatically.

I use the Night light settings to dim the screen from sundown to sunrise, when the screen brightness seems most intensified.  Adjusting your brightness in your OS may or may not work for you, but it's worth a try.
  • edited December 2018

Thanks, I have done both but would still like to dim the glaring white stripes.
  • edited December 2018
    mshiggins said:

Unfortunately users have been complaining about the retina burning brightness for more than two years and Quicken does not place any priority on the issue.

You can vote up and add your comments to the suggestion that Quicken enable user selectable color schemes here:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

Thanks, just voted!
  • edited December 2018

Jeff you don't say what OS you are using, but in Windows 10, there are tools to dim, or adjust your brightness automatically.

I use the Night light settings to dim the screen from sundown to sunrise, when the screen brightness seems most intensified.  Adjusting your brightness in your OS may or may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

Thanks Simon, I have 10 and I'll try that.
  • edited December 2018

Simon,  Problem solved! by changing the Windows 10 Display settings.  What I did was to set the Night Light hours to 9 PM - 8PM - basically all the time. and then set the color temperature to my liking.  Thanks again!
  • edited December 2018

I'd still like to be able to choose from an assortment of color schemes thought.  :=)
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Note if you really want this to be on all the time you can just use your display adapter controls, which give much more controls over the gamma, brightness, and contrast (or maybe called Hue, Saturation, Brightness, Contrast).

How you get to these "Advanced Display Settings" varies a bit depending on the manufacture. Mine shows an icon in the system tray, and is at the top of the menu when right clicking on the display (AMD Catalyst Control Center).  Then your looking for the display color dialog.
  • edited December 2018

Thank you, I will try this.
    edited December 2018

Jeff you can change the color scheme in Quicken.  It's pretty superficial, but it might still help.  Go to Edit --> Preferences --> Colors

edited December 2018
    Jeff  glad adjusting the color and brightness in Windows worked.  Also look at changing the colors in Quicken, as others here have suggests.  Even through the color changing ability in Quicken is pretty superficial, it might help.  I have changed the background color from white to gray.  That helps to cut down the bright white.

Another thing to try is to gray reconciled transactions.  It cuts down on the intensity of reconciled items and "mutes" them a bit.

You can also change the color of the alternating stripes in your registers (by account).

To make your register easier to read, you can also change the row spacing in the account registers.

See if any of these adjustments make it easier to read your account registers.  I did a lot of playing around with these settings before I found ones that were most comfortable for me.