Investing tab questions

Options
Zachary Reiff
Zachary Reiff Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I have T Rowe Price. I converted a traditional IRA (full amount) to a Roth IRA. Now there is a zero balance in the traditional IRA - is it ok to delete this account. Another conversion that was done on my wifes account (traditional to roth) still shows the traditional IRA and does not download the new roth IRA. The transaction went through on Thursday of last week (it is now Monday). What do I do about that? 

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    is it ok to delete this account
    NO! Don't delete is, just close it.  By deleting it, you'll screw up all of your historical balances AND you'll wipe out the record of all transactions in the Traditional IRA.

Now, how, in Q, did you record those transfers?  What are the download settings on the Roth acct's?  You can do TOOLS, Account List and look in the "Transactions Download" column across from those Roth accounts for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Zachary Reiff
    Zachary Reiff Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Do you mean deactivate account?
  • Zachary Reiff
    Zachary Reiff Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Also, I am getting error messages that there are no transactions. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yes you can just deactivate the downloading for the old account and hide it if you want.

On your wife's Roth account, can Quicken connect to it without any errors? If errors, what error message d you get? If you go to the website, do you see the assets in the Roth account? It may take a few days for the transfer to complete.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.