online transfer quicken 2019

Jeff MeunierJeff Meunier Member
edited December 2018 in Paying Bills (Mac)
How do you  enter an online transfer from savings to checking at the same bank. So that it will sync with your online account? Quicken 2019 - MAC

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The absolute easiest way is to do this on the bank's website.  Then, assuming that you have the ability to download from those 2 accounts, the transfer will synch after the bank has posted it.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I just did this - did an online transfer from my MM acct to my Savings acct at the same bank.
    Interestingly.... on the next download, the Savings posting came thru, but the MM posting didn't until the next day.  Also - when the 2nd posting came thru, then Quicken popped up the "is this a transfer" message - replied YES - and it was then updated to each account as a Transfer.
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jeff Meunier you don't say if you are using Direct Connect to link with your bank, but if want to transfer directly from your account register in Quicken as ps56k describes, you will need DC.  Otherwise if you are using the other connection (Quicken Connect) with your bank, it would be easiest to do the transfer as 

NotACPA suggests in his post.
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    @Jeff... to more specifically answer your "how to" question to accomplish this within Quicken, see below:

(0) Both accounts must be set up as Direct Connect and have Intra-bank Funds Transfer enabled. You can see this indicated by a green dot in the account's settings page:

(1) Start a new transaction and click the Edit Details blue button:

(2) Click the Online Payment tab, then
    (3) check the Online Payment box:

(4) If you are in the checking account which also has Direct Connect Online Bill Pay enabled, click the Transfer button, bottom left.

(5) Enter the Savings account in the Transfer To field

(6) Click Pay Now (or Save the transaction to be processed at the next connection to the bank):

(7) If you are doing this from the Savings account without bill pay enabled, you will only see the Transfer options in the Details screen:

A shortcut for all this is to enter "Transfer" in the check number column and the destination account in the Transfer column. Then update the account online.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    ps56k said:

I just did this - did an online transfer from my MM acct to my Savings acct at the same bank.
    Interestingly.... on the next download, the Savings posting came thru, but the MM posting didn't until the next day.  Also - when the 2nd posting came thru, then Quicken popped up the "is this a transfer" message - replied YES - and it was then updated to each account as a Transfer.

ps56k  I believe you are a QWin user. The ability to identify a transfer automatically is a feature not available to QMac. 

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The language you use suggests that you want to use bill pay features. If so, instructions that RickO supplies are applicable. 

If not, the only way to have the transactions actually recorded as transfers between the two accounts is to manually record them in QMac in advance (you can use a scheduled transaction if that applies). Then when you download data from your FI/Bank, QMac will match each side of the transaction separately and independently, as you download data for each account.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.