How do you use quicken on the web

Larry MowryLarry Mowry Member
edited January 16 in Using Quicken on the Web

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hello Larry, appreciate your question.

To best answer your question,  please review this article: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Just to make sure that there are no misconceptions about Quicken Web.  It is a companion method of seeing the data in the desktop data file that has been synced to a Quicken Cloud Account (QCA).

It is an alternate method of seeing that data than using QMobile.

It and QMobile are not in any way a replacement of Quicken desktop and only do some of the things available to the user in the desktop program.

Also, the data kept in the QCA is not to be considered a backup of your desktop data file and can not be used as such.

Bottom line is, Quicken Web is not a web version of Quicken.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• ErikErik Member
    edited October 2018
    For Quicken on the Web to be really useful, it would be helpful to sync Upcoming bills and their due dates and show any associated income/outflow reminders in the appropriate registers. Quick reminders such as this are one of the most potentially useful uses of Quicken on the Web. It is a way I can keep communication open with my wife on this type of issue.

Additionally, there needs to be a way to have multiple users log in with separate credentials to a single data file (yes, on the web) for reasons like the one I mentioned above.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    Erik said:

For Quicken on the Web to be really useful, it would be helpful to sync Upcoming bills and their due dates and show any associated income/outflow reminders in the appropriate registers. Quick reminders such as this are one of the most potentially useful uses of Quicken on the Web. It is a way I can keep communication open with my wife on this type of issue.

Additionally, there needs to be a way to have multiple users log in with separate credentials to a single data file (yes, on the web) for reasons like the one I mentioned above.

Why do they have to be "separate credentials"?

It is already possible to log into the same Quicken Cloud Account on two different devices using either the Quicken Mobile app or web provided they use the same Quicken Id.

What you can't do is have two people changing the Quicken Desktop data file.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    Erik said:

P.S. In the case of Quicken Web, it doesn't even have to be two different devices.
  • ErikErik Member
    edited October 2018
    Erik said:

It must be different credentials. Auditing is possible if two different credentials are used.
    edited October 2018
    Erik said:

There is no audit capability in Quicken and it does not track or log the changes being made.  Quicken is Personal Financial Management software, not meant to stand up to the rigors of commercial accounting practices.

What you are describing is what is available in Quickbooks or Peachtree.

• ErikErik Member
    edited October 2018
    Erik said:

Understood. That's why I said it would be "ideal" to have that feature. As far as "personal" goes, for those who are married or share financial responsibilities in their "personal" finances, this would be helpful. I am not referring to commercial or business accounting. I'm referring to personal finances. If this is not your personal need, then this suggestion is understandably, and respectfully, not for you.
  • QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    Erik said:

I suggest if you want to make suggestions you make a new post and mark it as an Idea (or find one and vote for it), that is how they take suggestions.  Tacking on to a "how do you use..." type question isn't a good way to let them know what features you would like.
    edited October 2018
    Erik said:

Okay, from that standpoint, what does your postings have to do with the OP's question of "How do you use quicken on the web"

If you want to propose those changes, start your own post as an "Idea" versus a question, problem or praise.

• QPWQPW Member
    edited October 2018
    Erik said:

P.S. Explaining why you want two different credentials should be in the post too.  There is more than one reason that one might want it.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Erik said:

Off-topic, forking to standalone post.

Please reference the new conversation here: Quicken on the Web
  • BobBob Member
    edited December 2018
    Ok, then what is it?  How do I get to it. Must I have the mobile app?  When I go to quicken.com and sign in I get the dash board but with no data.  How does data (whatever that consists of) get to "Quicken  on the web"?  What is the Cloud and how do i get my data to the cloud?
    edited December 2018
    Bob said:

Ok, then what is it?  How do I get to it. Must I have the mobile app?  When I go to quicken.com and sign in I get the dash board but with no data.  How does data (whatever that consists of) get to "Quicken  on the web"?  What is the Cloud and how do i get my data to the cloud?

It is at app.quicken.com.

• QPWQPW Member
    edited December 2018
    Bob said: