File Copy does not work

13»

Comments

• greenjoegreenjoe Member
    edited December 2018
    greenjoe said:

I am having the same problem with "File Not Copied" error. I just tried to send a sanitized copy but my file must be too big. Sorry to say my history goes back to 1992. I am ultimately trying to do a "Year End Copy" to cut down on my file size. I would hate to create a new file.

Update: The file was sent!
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Just so people know R17.5 is now in "staged release mode", and one of the release notes states:

Fixed: An issue where some users were unable to copy Data Files using the File > File Operation > Copy and File > File Operations > Year End Copy options.

It might be worth a try to fix your file copy problem.

You can get the manual install from here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I found this "easter egg" by accident.  Not sure if it was always there, or because I have been updated to R17.5.

I didn't try it because I don't need to and I am not sure it is safe to use.  But to use it hold down <Ctrl> <Shift> when doing a File Operations > Copy.  Has anyone tried it yet?
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

I found this "easter egg" by accident.  Not sure if it was always there, or because I have been updated to R17.5.

I didn't try it because I don't need to and I am not sure it is safe to use.  But to use it hold down <Ctrl> <Shift> when doing a File Operations > Copy.  Has anyone tried it yet?

Interesting.  It seem like I should just go around doing everything with Ctrl+Shift held down.  :-)

I went ahead tried it, but for me it is "no op" since my data file will copy without any errors in the first place.  Since we are just talking about a copy I think this is a safe operation to try.
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I installed the Rev 17.5 stage released. This fixed the File Not Copied error for me! Thank you Quicken for fast tracking a fix for this bug! It had me sweating for a while :-)
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Brian SantellBrian Santell Member
    edited December 2018
    I just updated to 17.5 but still received the file not copied error.  PLEASE help - I need to perform file copy successfully in order to fix my Express Web Connect issues.

• MicroficheMicrofiche Member ✭✭
    This sounds VERY similar to the problem I am having:
    I can't copy my file, and I noticed it when trying to troubleshoot reminders not getting entered. What is the status of this?
    Running H&B Canadian R16.22 Build 27.1.16.22 on Win 10
    The Mondo patch did not help.
    Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried <Ctrl> <Shift> before clicking File Operations --> Copy?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.