Quicken 2017 extremely slow!

My quicken is extremely slowly. I'm waiting almost a minute every time I click on any account or transaction. I'm running version R8.10. 
I have also tried all the other post related to this one... validate my file, re-instal the program, exclude my categories and payees history,etc.. 

Really need a help otherwise I'll need to stop using it.

Thanks

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser
    edited December 2018
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • wdsnidermanwdsniderman Member
    edited September 2018
    I'm on Rel 12.15 and it is terrible.  Every window takes over a minute to open.
  • edited September 2018

I'm on Rel 12.15 and it is terrible.  Every window takes over a minute to open.

I stoped using Quicken. My spreadsheets never let me down...
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser
    edited September 2018
    If you wanted to try and fix I would suggest qcleanui to clean out conflicts including deleting fololders

https://www.quicken.com/support/using...

If still happens. Test by creating a small new datafile and see if that works to test if file or program probkem.
  • Joe KlugerJoe Kluger Member
    edited December 2018
    I am running Quicken 2019 R15.18, Build 27.1.15.18 (downloaded on a subscription plan) on a Lenovo x280 Windows 10 Pro 64 (v 1803) PC and have done ALL of the troubleshooting suggestions on this post (clean install, new data file) and still experiencing very slow transactions on Quicken. It is NOT a PC problem, as I have 16GB of RAM and all of my other programs run quickly.  Any other suggestions?
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited December 2018

I am running Quicken 2019 R15.18, Build 27.1.15.18 (downloaded on a subscription plan) on a Lenovo x280 Windows 10 Pro 64 (v 1803) PC and have done ALL of the troubleshooting suggestions on this post (clean install, new data file) and still experiencing very slow transactions on Quicken. It is NOT a PC problem, as I have 16GB of RAM and all of my other programs run quickly.  Any other suggestions?

How much time does it take to enter a transaction? And is the slowness in a banking account or an investment account?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
    edited December 2018

It takes 12 to 15 seconds just to open an account.  Entering new transactions is actually not that slow.  It is the process of accepting downloading transactions that can take up to 30 seconds, including the "refresh" process.  I do think the delay is longer in investment accounts.
    edited December 2018

Update: I became so frustrated with Quicken's slowness, but cannot really do without it, that I made the radical decision to reinstall Windows and all my software.  Although this took a long time (especially the customization of Microsoft software), I am happy to report that the Quicken problem appears to have been solved!  The software now operates normally, with perhaps a few seconds of delay when accepting investment transactions. 
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited December 2018

Thanks for reporting your solution.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.