Parent Category doesn't Include Values from Not Checked Subcategories

Options
HJ
HJ Member
In the "Select Categories to Budget" screen, the following text appears on the bottom...

When you budget a parent category all transactions from subcategories will be included in the budget even if the sub-category is not checked.

It doesn't seem to be working this way.  For example, in the budget I get zero in the parent category when categories are checked like this...
...and I get a value in the in the parent category when categories are checked like this...

Based on the UI text, the parent category value should be the same.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hey HJ,

I am currently unable to recreate this.

This is my Food and Dining category.  The current total with all my subcategories is $353.

To recreate what you are seeing, I would expect that removing a subcategory would change this total.

I have removed the Fast Food Category from the budget.

I do not see the total change in the budget.

I tried removing all of the subcategories.

I did get this screen that looked odd but it still showed the current spending.

I went into the edit budget screen and entered a planned amount for Food & Dining and the screen appeared as it did before.

Where are you seeing the 0 amount listed? 

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • HJ
    HJ Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi Quicken Tyka  -  I just realized my mistake.  I was referring to the budget values and the text is referring to the transaction values.  So, I think this was a newbie mistake.  

Thank you for your response!
This discussion has been closed.