Income and Expense report, selected actions Div and ReinvDiv (and others) missing from report for a

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I run Income & Expense Report for an investment account with Display-Actions: Div and ReinvDiv checked (and others) but the report will NOT display the Div and ReinvDiv transactions for any account or security, whether mutual fund, ETF, or stock. I have pdf prints of a specific account to prove: (1) transaction report showing 4 dividend payments for Delta in 2018 (2) Inc & Exp Report config showing Div, ReinvDiv, and other Actions selected for display (3) the resulting Inc & Exp report without any of the 4 dividend payments showing. Only the withholding tax (Action: "Cash") for the 4 dividend payments appear.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Div and ReinvDiv transactions should have a category of _DivInc.  If the transactions are not included, I suggest verifying they're are not inadvertently being filtered from the report (select Customize).
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    You haven't said what version of Quicken you are running, but I assume you have QWin Premier 2019 and this is the Investment Income report.

Click on the gear to customize the report. On the Categories tab, "Show (hidden categories)" is checked by default, but if it is not, most of the investment related categories including _DivInc will not be included in the report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

You haven't said what version of Quicken you are running, but I assume you have QWin Premier 2019 and this is the Investment Income report.

Click on the gear to customize the report. On the Categories tab, "Show (hidden categories)" is checked by default, but if it is not, most of the investment related categories including _DivInc will not be included in the report.

Go into the Category List.
    Make sure "show hidden categories" box at bottom of list view has a checkmark.
    Scroll to the bottom of the list where all the builtin categories (beginning with _underscore) are listed.
    If one or more of the categories are marked as hidden, click to remove the checkmark in the Hide column. Categories you don't need may remain hidden.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Well by golly, that did it! Thank you, Jim and UKR. I think this is a gotcha that Quicken ought to design out.
This discussion has been closed.