Unable to locate 2017 data files after upgrading to 2019.

Jim OJim O Member
Unable to locate 2017 data files after upgrading to 2019.  Did a backup prior to upgrade, and now everything for 2017 seems to be gone from my PC.  Then mistakenly used an archive file from 12/2011 to update 2019, so I am now missing seven years of info.

Comments

• Connie BrownConnie Brown Member
    edited December 2018
    Just a thought. Is it possible that you installed Q2019 to a different directory?
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    If you haven't already, I suggest you select File > File Operations > Find Quicken Files....
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Did you search your whole computer for all files ending in.qdf or .qdf-backup? And check the Recycle Bin. Are You using Windows 10? Upgrading to 10 or doing a big update can move your files around. Like put them in something called One Drive.
  • Jim OJim O Member
    edited December 2018
    I am running Windows 10.  Have searched the entire computer using File Explorer.  I also checked One Drive.    Quicken 2017 was evidently de-installed when I downloaded 2019, but it is not in the recycle bin. The only quicken files I can find are ones going back to 2011, which I mistakenly uploaded to 2019.  It's like the last 7 years of Quicken data disappeared.

I used the default installation so I am not sure what directory 2019 would gone to.  I also can't find any recent files using Find Quicken Files. 
  • Jim OJim O Member
    edited December 2018
    How could I check if the backups were going to Quicken Online?
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Opening the old file should not cause you to lose anything. Have you searched using quicken as @sherlock suggested? How recently did you use quicken before upgrading,i.e. any chance you were using a thumb drive?
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • Jim OJim O Member
    edited December 2018
    The problem is the 2017 version is gone, so I can't open it. When I open the 2019 version it only finds files going back to 2011.  I did a file backup in 2017 immediately before converting to 2019.  Yes, I do a weekly windows backup on a thumb drive, but the only files I can find there are also from 2011.