edit memorized payee list

After I edit an entry in the Memorized Payee List, Quicken returns me to the very TOP of the list, which means I have to reposition myself where I left off.  Please enable Quicken to return me directly to where I left off.  Otherwise, this will remain very annoying.
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    What version and release of Quicken are you using?
    What kind of an "edit" are you doing? Are you changing the Payee Name? Are you deleting blocks of entries?
    More details, please.
  • B MantzelB Mantzel Member
    edited September 2018
    Quicken 2017 Deluxe R17.4, Build 26.1.17.4.
    I am aware that it happened when doing deletions of multiple occurrences for a payee (unchanged name).  Thanks for your prompt response.  Sorry I didn't see it before now.  Would be nice if Quicken could establish "cursor position" to the "top" range or "bottom" range of the deletions.
  • QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    For what it is worth, I see the same behavior on Quicken 2018 Premier R12.5 so it has been a problem for a long time.
    edited September 2018
    UKR (or anyone else?) --
    Any thoughts or suggestions?  Were/Are you able to recreate?  Any recommendations for next steps?  Thanks!
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    For what its worth, the behavior does not appear to be present in Quicken 2016 Premier R18.4.
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 7 
    edited December 2018
    UKR (or anyone within Quicken support) - any progress on reviewing this? Any plans to correct?  Thanks.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Why are you deleting so many memorized payees?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    If you are not aware, there is an auto-purge setting in preferences that will maintain obsolete memorized payees.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1809
    edited December 2018
    mshiggins said:

Why are you deleting so many memorized payees?

Thanks for your reply. 
    When i review my memorized payees, I occasionally see multiple entries for the same payee, and I also see old or obsolete payees.  So, I am trying to delete multiple entries during one request, AND to return to where I last viewed the list of payees.  In my experience, Quicken returns me to the TOP of the list, and I have to re-position to continue my selection process for deletions.
    edited December 2018
    GeoffG said:

If you are not aware, there is an auto-purge setting in preferences that will maintain obsolete memorized payees.

Thanks, I was unaware of that.  At this time, I would prefer to manually delete as required, rather than having Quicken do so for me, but I may use this preference in the future.  THANKS again!