One Step Update

In Quicken 2017 Deluxe, when I use the "Update Accounts" icon in the upper right, one step update goes through all the motions and connects with my bank and downloads transactions, but once that is done, the One Step Update window remains open and won't close. There is no way to close the window (x in upper right corner does not work). No error messages are displayed. Quicken becomes unresponsive and I have to end it using the task manager.

When I click on the "Actions" icon for each account and then click the lightening bold icon for  "Update Now" it works perfectly without freezing. I have tried installing the mondo update but that did not fix it. This now results in me not being able to use one step update to download transactions, I have to enter the password for each account separately to download.

Comments

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Are you syncing to mobile?
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • Rendy PRendy P Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Greg,
    Not as far as I know. How do I check to be sure?
    Thanks
    edited December 2018
    Edit > Preferences > Intuit ID, Mobile & Alerts 

Under the "Mobile and Alerts" group to the right, Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete. 

Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Alerts" group. 

Sign back in to your Quicken account, but on the following form make sure you select the "Do not setup mobile sync" and move through the remainder of the process.  [Please Note: The mobile sync option is the default here.]
  • Rendy PRendy P Member
    edited December 2018
    Mine does not say "Reset your cloud data". It says "Get Started", so I assume that must mean I am not syncing to mobile. I went ahead and signed in as a different user anyway and clicked to not use mobile sync. The problem still persists
  • Connie BrownConnie Brown Member
    edited December 2018
    I also use Q2017 Deluxe but I am not experiencing this issue. I'm wondering if Validate & Repair would help.
    edited December 2018
    Are you using Online Bills? If so, make a copy of your Quicken data file first, delete all the Online Bills and try running an OSU.
  • Rendy PRendy P Member
    edited December 2018
    Performed validate and repair and report says no errors. Not using online bills.
    edited December 2018
    Are you updating investing.quicken.com through OSU? How long have you waited before killing the Quicken process?
  • GeoffGGeoffG ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    I suspect the issue is with the cloud account. You may not use web/app, but Quicken still builds a shell account regardless and this may have become corrupted.  Try resetting by going to Quicken ID, Sync and Alerts under preferences.  Select Sign in as a different user then sign back in with your same credentials.  This will rebuild the cloud account and hopefully clear the OSU.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have the same issue on occasion, but then I've had it for quite some time, 1 year or more. It is bothersome, but once I end the task and restart Quicken seems to work fine. Just another one of those "Quicken" quirks you'll learn to live with...And I don't sync, don't use online bills...
  • mshigginsmshiggins ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

I have the same issue on occasion, but then I've had it for quite some time, 1 year or more. It is bothersome, but once I end the task and restart Quicken seems to work fine. Just another one of those "Quicken" quirks you'll learn to live with...And I don't sync, don't use online bills...

Greg, have you checked to see if there is any network activity while the OSU window appears to hang and if so, what IP addresses it is connecting to?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Rendy PRendy P Member
    edited January 27
    Not updating Quicken.com through OSU. Reset account with no resolution. The OSU window says "complete" and transactions from my bank downloads, but then the OSU window will not close. Let it run all night last night and in the morning it still was open so had to kill it via task manager in order to use Quicken.
  • Greg BrownGreg Brown ✭✭✭ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

I have and NO there is no activity, nor is there any disk activity only mem and cpu...
  • GeoffGGeoffG ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Rendy P said:

Not updating Quicken.com through OSU. Reset account with no resolution. The OSU window says "complete" and transactions from my bank downloads, but then the OSU window will not close. Let it run all night last night and in the morning it still was open so had to kill it via task manager in order to use Quicken.

In that case, you may want to call support (bottom right) here.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
This discussion has been closed.