Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Split (transaction) window appears twice

EmKayEmKay Member ✭✭
Have noticed this recently:  I open a split window to enter details of a transaction, press CTRL+ENTER to save it -- and it pops back open again, requiring another save.    Quicken 2017 Premier R17.4

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    What happens if you click the Save button to save the splits?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • EmKayEmKay Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    mshiggins said:

There's no "save" button.  There's an "Okay" button.  I use the ctrl-enter because I'm faster and more efficient with a keyboard than a mouse.  It's actually faster to Ctrl-Enter twice than move the mouse to the Okay button and click.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    mshiggins said:

What happens if you click the OK button in the splits window?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • EmKayEmKay Member ✭✭
    Still a problem.  How do we report bugs "officially" to Quicken?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @EmKay

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community.  I attempted to replicate this behavior in Quicken for Windows 2017 R17.4 and was not able to, when using Ctrl+Enter, the split details saved correctly and the split window did not re-open.

I also tested in our newest release, R19.1 and was still not able to replicate this behavior so I apologize, but I have some additional questions for you.

Does this issue occur when using any category in Quicken?  Or only specific ones?

Does this behavior persist in a brand new data file? If you aren't sure, please go to the File menu > New Quicken File and create a new file for testing purposes only and let us know if the split dialogue window still opens twice.

If this issue does not happen in a new data file, please return to your original file (File menu and select File #2 from the bottom of the menu) and run Validate & Repair.

To run the Validate, go to the File menu > File Operations > Validate & Repair.  Mark the "validate file" box in the window that opens and click OK.

When the process completes a data log will open in Notepad, this log may be saved for later or closed, but when ready please close and re-open Quicken.

Does the split window still open twice?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.