Bank of America Bill Pay

Sandy BleichSandy Bleich Member
edited January 27 in Paying Bills (Windows)
Recently - with Bank of America - when I enter a new payee in BOA Bill Pay - that payee does not download into Quicken 's payee list when I do the Quicken One Step Update. Therefore I cannot set up a payment to that payee through Quicken. It is connected thru Direct Connect. I am using Quicken for Windows 2016 Deluxe.

Comments

• GeoffGGeoffG ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27
    While I've heard the payee setup is a bidirectional sync between Quicken and the bank, I don't see this through my bank.  Have you tried setting up the payee through Quicken?  You can establish them in the Online Payee List and that syncs to the bank.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    B of A continues to work bidirectionally for me with Direct Connect.

Sorry if this is too obvious, but there are 2 payee lists in Quicken: Memorized Payees and Online Payees. Are you certain you're looking in the Online Payee List?
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS.
    Now using QWin Premier subscription version on Win7 Pro x64.
  • Sandy BleichSandy Bleich Member
    edited January 27

Yes - definitely checked the Online Payee List - this has happened the last few times I have added new payees of the BOA bill pay site.  So, you are saying I can try adding the payee thru Quicken  and it will get sent thru BOA Bill Pay ?
  • NotACPANotACPA ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Yes - definitely checked the Online Payee List - this has happened the last few times I have added new payees of the BOA bill pay site.  So, you are saying I can try adding the payee thru Quicken  and it will get sent thru BOA Bill Pay ?

What does it cost you to try???
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • GeoffGGeoffG ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Yes, entering directly in Quicken is the only method I use. Can’t say it will fix your issue, but worth a try.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 1903
  • Sandy BleichSandy Bleich Member
    edited December 2018

Seems like that worked - thank you
  • mshigginsmshiggins ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    From C. D. Bales:

I just logged on to my Bank of America account and added a new online payee. I then did a One Step Update in Q2016 R18.4 and the new online payee downloaded as expected. I had no problem then setting up a new online payment in Quicken for that new online payee.

[I don't know that it matters, but my Quicken BofA financial institution name is "Bank of America-All Other States".]

Your Quicken BofA account must be using "Direct Connect" as its "Connection Method". And that Quicken account must have "Online Bill Pay" activated for the account. [To verify both: see the Online Services tab of the Edit Account Details dialog for the Quicken account.] And, naturally, the BofA account must be selected for the download.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.