Purchase Quicken as a Gift

edited January 26 in
AGAIN, NO HELP FROM QUICKEN, WASTE OF TIME.

It asks for an activation code if you want to use another email address/quicken account, for keeping a separate account when you log in. The email I received doesn't have an activation code.

EVIDENTLY, IF YOU BUY IT UNDER ONE ID, YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY IT AGAIN TO USE A SEPARATE QUICKEN ID. EVEN IF ITS YOUR OWN ACCOUNT. QUICKEN DIDN'T MENTION THAT BEFORE I BOUGHT IT! EVEN WHEN I D"NT WANT TO USE THEW CLOUD FOR THAT ACCOUNT.

Don't even ask if I bought it online. That's a stupid question that's been answered 50 times by others. THIS IS AN ISSUE WITH ONLINE VERSION THAT QUICKEN STILL HASN'T ANSWERED IN OVER A YEAR!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: activation 2019.

Comments

• edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Merging.

Quicken software tells me the activation code is in the confirmation email. No, it's not. I can't associate my wife's Quicken ID to the software I bought for her using my Quicken ID.

• edited December 2018

I'll clarify further. I bought the software online using my Quicken ID. I downloaded it and can't use her Quicken ID with this software without the activation code Quicken tells me is in my confirmation email. It's not. Customers have been asking this question for over a year and still no answer.

• edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Moving to merge.

All I see are a bunch of closed threads that have no answers.

• Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

You can't buy a Quicken subscription using one Quicken ID and then use it under another Quicken ID without buying another subscription.

AND STOP YELLING! This is a user to user forum.

Also, you should have started your own thread.

Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

You can only have one Quicken Id associated with a Quicken subscription.  That is the rule, live with it.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• edited December 2018

So you can't buy this as a gift for someone. Then they lie about it.

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Dennis Carroll

If you want to give it as a gift, buy it from a retail vendor, it comes with an activation code and is not activated at time of purchase as Quicken.com.

Besides, the retailer vendors rarely sell it for the high, MSRP, that Quicken.com does.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• edited December 2018

Quicken never said I couldn't buy it as a gift for someone else. Show that screenshot. I have 2016, bought direct from quicken. Bought 2019 direct from quicken using my account, but for my wife. It automatically assigned my id to it. Now can't use for her own id. Again, never told I can not buy as gift, and I cant get activation for her. I still use 2016. She's stuck with 2019 accessing my cloud accounts or better turning off all cloud services.

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Hi @ Dennis Carroll ,

You should have simply given her Cash and allowed her to established a separate Quicken User ID for herself. Or purchased for her from Amazon.com for example, which comes with an Activation Code.

But, now simply return Quicken under a 30-day Money Back Guarantee and buy from Amazon.com or another Retailer.

https://www.quicken.com/support/Terms-and-Conditions-For-Exchanging-Returning-or-Refunding-Quicken-P...

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=quicken+2019+p...

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.55 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.4
    edited December 2018

Hi @ Dennis Carroll ,

Then have your Wife create a Quicken User ID for herself. Then Contact Support and have them move Quicken 2019 Subscription from your Quicken Account to your Wife's.

Remember that the Quicken User ID, is now an Email Address, instead of a Nickname and have her verify the Email Address, before contacting Quicken Support.

• edited December 2018

Tried that previously. Still here. [removed]  Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: activation 2019.
    edited December 2018

Hi @ Dennis Carroll ,

Record the Support Call, if possible and ask them to escalate the problem.

What is the Flavor of Quicken that you purchased? See this Article: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

• edited December 2018

Quicken software tells me the activation code is in the confirmation email. No, it's not. I can't associate my wife's Quicken ID to the software I bought for her using my Quicken ID.