How do you manually enter a deposit in Quicken on Windows 10?

I have a Paid column but no Deposit column and also can the Type column be edited to add Deposit for example?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    You can customize the columns on the register by selecting the gear icon to the upper right of the register.  Then select Register columns...
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    Deb Thorman-Morgan Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I've already done that but Deposit is not listed.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    What kind of account? Checking or credit card or investment? What column choices do you have?

To add or remove columns to the register
Select "Account Actions"

Select "Register Columns..."

Or in newer versions you can click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the account register to get a list of available columns. Click to put a checkmark in the missing column(s). (Also explore the new columns, added to your version of Quicken, if they might be helpful for your needs.)

See FAQ on Columns
https://www.quicken.com/support/chang...

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Assuming this is a checking/savings Account in Quicken you're saying that you don't see this:

when you click "Register columns..." from the gear wheel drop down that's in the upper right hand corner?
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited January 2019
    I've went to the gear wheel drop down menu and I don't have all these choices including Deposit.  I have Quicken 2018.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

I've went to the gear wheel drop down menu and I don't have all these choices including Deposit.  I have Quicken 2018.

What sort of Account are we dealing with here?
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited May 2020

I have a Business Invoice (Income and Expenses) account and a Business Bill (my business name) account.  I tried to set it up the same as my older Quicken program.  Both pull down menus are similar but not all the choices you or the article lists including Deposits.  As a massage therapist most of my transactions are Deposits!  This is a new program for me and maybe trying to replicate my older version is not the thing to do....
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited May 2020

One is basically an invoice account that when I receive payment transfers to a banking account - they work together - well my older version did!
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

What version of Quicken are you using? Help > About.  What version was your old Quicken?
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited May 2020

I have Quicken 2018 and my older version was 1998 but I loved it and it would not convert anymore!
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited May 2020

Version R16.14
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited May 2020

Do you know how I get Deposit as a choice for a column?
  • Connie Brown
    Connie Brown Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 2020

Is this a checking/savings account type?
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited May 2020

A checking business account.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    In a Customer Invoices account register the columns are named Charged and Paid.
    Click the Register columns icon (marked in red below) to select which columns to show in your register

You can use either these two columns or replace them with the "Amount" column.
    When using the Amount column you may have put "+" or "-" signs in front of the amount to differentiate payments from invoices.
    To record invoices or payments received in a Customer Invoices account, for best results you should use the New Customer Invoice, New Customer Payment, etc. from the Actions gear icon to record your transactions.

And if that does not answer your question, please show us the header lines with all the column titles in your account register.
    The
    Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture
    a partial screen image and save it to a file. 
    Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.

To attach the image here, start composing your reply. At the bottom of the text
    entry window on the webpage you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U
    S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

But what version do you have? Like Starter Edition, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business ?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Connie Brown
    Connie Brown Windows Beta Beta
    edited May 2020

I'm puzzled. Sorry. The Quicken checking account type should display this column as described above. Some other accounts in Quicken, such as a credit card type do not. That is why I asked about the Quicken account you created.
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited December 2018
    I have the charged and paid checked in the invoice account but not in the banking account is charged a choice.  I don't know why I don't have a deposit choice?  Also, I tried the + or - signs in front of the amount and that doesn't work either - it brings up a calculator!
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited May 2020

I have Quicken 2019, Version R16.14 Home, Business and Rental Property
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited May 2020

It's a business banking account.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Are you sure you set this up as a checking account?  If you set it up as a credit card account by mistake you would not have a Deposit Column, nor would Deposit appear as a choice of register columns.
  • Deb Thorman-Morgan
    edited January 2019
    I changed it to a Business Bill account to a Business Spending/Checking account and now it's what I'm wanting.  Thank you all for you input and help.  Happy New Year!!
This discussion has been closed.