cash account linked to checking account

I am using Quicken 2018 windows. can I set up that every time I make a withdrawal from my bank account the money goes into a cash account? 
let me explain i have all my accounts connected to my Quicken account now every time i use my credit or my bank card the transaction comes up on my quicken so that so easy to keep track where my money is going but how about cash every time I make a withdrawal from my bank account i take some cash to pay for something how is that going to come up so i want to set up that every time I make a withdrawal from my bank accounts it should come up in the cash account that now i have cash and I will put in manually what I used that cash for instead of every withdrawal I need to put in also that I have now cash and then when I use it I need to put in that I used cash and for what

Comments

• DennisDennis Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    Yes, just create a cash account. When you make a cash withdrawal from your checking account, enter the name of your cash account into the category field of that transaction and it will show as a transfer into your cash account. Then as you spend your cash you can enter individual transactions into your cash account and categorize them accordingly.
  • Simcha BellerSimcha Beller Member
    edited December 2018
    so when I make a withdrawal it shows up in the bank account I should just categorize it as cash account it would automatically show up in the cash account?
  • ValderiValderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 26
    Exactly. You will see a withdrawal in your bank account and a deposit from your bank account in your cash account.
    Then as you spend your cash you can enter individual transactions into your cash account and categorize them accordingly.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Sometimes
    a picture is worth a thousand words ...
    Here's what a cash withdrawal transaction looks like in my Checking account:

It's entered as a transfer to account [$ - Cash]
    And here's my "$ - Cash" account with the matching deposit:

Note the Category field now shows where the transfer came from, my checking account..

This discussion has been closed.