I have migrated to Quicken 2019 but can't see the contents of my category lists. I see the lists but

I have migrated to Quicken 2019 from 2015. I cannot see the contents of my category lists. I see the lists but cannot retrieve what is in them. Could someone help. this worked flawlessly i 2015

Comments

• SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 1
    Neil, not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you right click on a category, you can select to see a category report.

edited January 1
    If you are looking to add detail to your category lists, you can click on the "gear" in the upper right hand corner to choose what columns of information to show for each category.

• edited January 2

i tried right click but I do not see the icon for category report. I Go to category lists from the main toolbar
    edited January 2

i tried right click but I do not see the icon for category report. I Go to category lists from the main toolbar

In order to see the Category Report, the category has to have transactions attached to it.  If you show the "Usage" column, you should be able to see how many transactions use that category.  How ever you go to the category list doesn't matter, there is only one category list.
  • edited January 1

Thanks for the help; what is the usage column?
  • edited January 1

there are multiple transactions in the list
    edited January 1

The usage column shows how many transactions that have that category.
  • edited January 1

great, i found it, thanks so much for the expedient help, somehow usage was turned off...again many thanks

NES
    edited January 1

Neil, was the Category report what you were looking for?
    edited January 1

Great.  You are welcome.
This discussion has been closed.