HOw to change account selection in standard capital gains report?

leishirsuteleishirsute Member
edited January 22 in Investing (Windows)
There is a Retirement account (call it Home) who's type I changed to Investment account in order to properly show capital gains.  When I run the standard Capital Gains report, the Home account is not selected by default as the other investment accounts are.  I have to customize the report to add the Home account to the report selection.  Is there anyway to make the standard Capital Gains report include the Home account in its reporting by default?
Quicken Windows 2017 Deluxe R19.1 on Windows 7 & 10 Pro

Comments

• Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser
    edited January 4
    How about saving the customized report and running that?
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited January 22
    Turns out it appears to be a bug.

If
    I run the standard Investment Asset Allocation, Investment Income,
    Investment Performance ,Investment Transactions, Maturity Dates for
    Bonds, Portfolio Value,  and Portfolio Value and Cost Basis reports
    (i.e. all the other reports under the Investing folder of standard
    reports, the Home account is selected by default.

Please fix this problem with the standard Capital Gains report.

I'll resubmit as a problem.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited January 4
    Mike,
    AFAIK, it's impossible to change the Account Type of an existing account. And just changing "Account Intent" doesn't really do the trick.

Can
    you please capture one or more images of the Edit Account Details window, General tab and Display Options tab, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect
    your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s)
    here?

The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to
    capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the
    image.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.

To attach the image here, start composing your reply. At the bottom of the text
    entry window on the webpage you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I U
    S

Click the camera icon (not the video camera icon). It will allow you to select
    and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will
    be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member
    edited January 22
    My problem was resolved in
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/standard-capital-gains-report-ignores-investment...

Thank you JIm and UKR for your explanations.  It helped solve my issue. This issue should be closed.