Itemized Catergory report not allowing selection of Payee or showing payee since it updated last

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited January 2019 in Reports (Windows)
I have tried several times to create an itemized category report.  The report does not show the payee.  When I go to customize it does not allow the selection of payee. I need this report for preparation of my taxes. This occurred after recent update. I am using  2019, Version R17.6, and Build 27.1.17.6. Using Windows 10 latest version.imageimage

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    If you hit "EDIT TO SHOW" (towards the left side of the returned report), aren't your payees in the DESCRIPTION field?  And once there, for example, you can CUSTOMIZE the report (Gear ICON) to select any particular payees?  I'm on the same level as you are.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    That would be: Click the Update to show button to drill down to Transaction Detail.
    And remember, the new year 2019 has just started. With a specified Date Range of Year to Date (i.e., 1/1/10 - 1/6/19), are there any transactions in this date range for the report to show?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    From C. D. Bales:

"The report does not show the payee. When I go to customize it does not allow the selection of payee".

The report Customize dialog should show "Description" instead of "Category" (I don't have the latest Q2019 release, so I can't test to see whether that matters). But that should not prevent you from getting an equivalent report.

You can use the Banking > Transaction report subtotaled by Category.

Or you can revert to R16.14:

- Uninstall Quicken (https://www.quicken.com/support/using...)

- Reinstall Quicken, making sure the install does not have access to the internet

- Download the R16.14 patch file from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenp...

- Run the downloaded R16.14 patch file when Quicken is not running

- Prevent Quicken from automatically upgrading via UAC, and refuse subsequent Quicken offers to upgrade until you are sure you want the release being offered

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes, I knew should say description and thanks for the recommendation about using Banking and using subtotal by Category.  This should work until Quicken the Itemized Category Report working like should.  I don't like uninstalling and reinstalling I usually have issues.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I am using the report to validate data inputs for 2018  taxes. The itemized category report does not show or allow selection of description. Even when I select show details.  Thanks for your comments.  I will use C. D. Bales recommendation of using Banking and Itemized Category Subtotal.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    "The itemized category report does not show or allow selection of description. Even when I select show details." But I think when I tried it earlier this morning, it *Does*allow the selection of payees via customization which is what you originally wanted, so I thought.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Andrew, I was able to select specific Payees but was not able to get the description/payee to show up in the report.  I also have to export file to Excel for transmittal for others to review.  After export I modify to a table to make it easier for others to us.  I found over the years that this report worked best for me until now.  Sorry for the miss understanding and thanks for your help.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Hopeful the Excel export is useful. For the longest while, Intuit never allowed that. Glad that either they, or Quicken Inc.,(forgot who finally added that) did.
This discussion has been closed.