The balance column - where is it?

The balance column does not show even though I have sorted by date.  How to I get it to appear?

Comments

• SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 7
    Click on the "gear" icon at the upper right corner of your register (by the column headings).  Then click on "Balance" to make the checkmark appear.  Then hit "Done".

• mshigginsmshiggins ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9

Click on the "gear" icon at the upper right corner of your register (by the column headings).  Then click on "Balance" to make the checkmark appear.  Then hit "Done".

I believe the column selector in QMac is different.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • SimonSezSoSimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 7

Oops!  Sorry, missed that the question was for Mac.
  • Tom TerrificTom Terrific Member
    edited January 9
    In Quicken Mac, click on the "Columns" heading at the bottom right of the account register and select "Balance".

However, you MUST be in an individual register to show the balance.  For example, you must click on the little arrow in the Account Sidebar to display the individual accounts below the account groupings. 

In the above example, Banking is the Main Group, Cash is the SubGroup and the individual accounts are below Cash, which includes checking and cash type accounts.

It's confusing, but the key is to click on the arrow so that it points "down" rather than to the side.

You don't get a balance column for Groups and SubGroups because they are groups that include multiple accounts.  You can only get a balance for an individual account.
  • edited January 7
    Select the account to view, then in the bottom right corner of the screen are different options, one is columns, select it and check balance.
  • RickORickO ✭✭✭✭✭ SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9
    Great explanation from Tom Terrific above. For future reference, here's the FAQ:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-for-mac-faq-how-to-i-see-the-running-balance
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s