Want a report for ONE stock, all buys, sells, and Move stock from ALL accounts, open and closed, sho

grandma
grandma Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Using Quicken 2018 but still have 2007 on Mac. Want a report for ONE stock, all buys, sells, and Move stock from ALL accounts, open and closed, shown or hidden. Can/t seem to do it. Can anyone help

Comments

• John Burgess
    John Burgess Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Good idea! I think you could approximate this by selecting “investments” on the left, ie. All investment accounts, view transactions, and then searching/filtering on the security.

That could be slow, depending on the depth and breadth of you account histories.

You’d also need to un-hide all accounts temporarily.
  • grandma
    grandma Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The older, closed investment accounts do not show up in the list, only all current accounts. Went to reports, selected "include only transactions" from selected accounts (all the investment accounts, past and current,) Selected "All Dates" in Date range. Selected "Include accounts hidden from reports". Selected OK and then get message "There were no transactions for the filter setting". If I am doing it wrong then I need more detailed instructions. Thanks
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    I think the only way you'll be able to do it is to use John's method, but first temporarily unhide the hidden accounts. Take a screenshot of the Hide & Show Accounts window first so you can easily go back and re-hide them.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.