How do I Extend Membership?

Quicken Premier 2016 R18.4 
iMac OS10.14.2
Parallels 14.1.0
Quicken Deluxe 2018 CD (purchased from Amazon)

The end of my  current/active subscription to Quicken Premier 2016 is approaching and I'm trying to "Extend" my membership using the CD.

Opening the CD box there is an ACTIVATION CARD which instructed me to go to www.quicken.com/setup.  I did.

There I was asked if I was "Extending yoiur membership" and I clicked on that link.

A dialog opened instructing me to launch Quicken then select the Help menu then "Enter Activation Code... to continue"

BUT....

There is NO "Enter Activation Code" on the help menu of my Quicken Premier 2016 R18.4 .

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. I plan on running both QW & QM and I am betting this is going to make this even more of a "Learning Experience" :-)

P.P.S. A little experimentation showed me that I would have to play with which OS was going to use the CD when I try to load both QW & QM

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Quicken 2016 is not under the subscription, so you can not "extend it".  Coming from a pre-subscription version, you just install the subscription Quicken which will remove the old version and then do the install.

It is during the install that the activation code is used.

Once your Quicken Id has a valid subscription applied to it, you can go to Quicken.com and download either Win or Mac or both from the My Account section of the website.

If you were planning on sharing a file between Win and Mac, that isn't going to happen, the data files are not compatible.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• edited January 10

The only problem I might worry about is if there is going to be any problem keeping my old quicken.com account.

Not planning on sharing QW< > QM.  Just want to see if I can live with QM.  I prefer OSX to Windows (and not paying for Parallels) but from what I have heard... Mac Version still has a ways to go before it can handle some of the things I do on the Windows side.

Thanks again.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    Hi @ PutterFlutters ,

You need to manually uninstall Quicken 2016 and install Quicken 2018, which when updated will be Quicken 2019 version.

See these Articles: First one, as yet to be converted to Article from an Idea. Rewritten, today.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/installing-reinstalling-quicken-2016-flavors?rfm...

and

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/reinstalling-quicken-2018-for-windows?rfm=1&...

Make sure that you do a Manual Backup of your Quicken Data File(s), before upgrading.

This is Windows only, however, not Mac.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.44 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.1
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11

The only problem I might worry about is if there is going to be any problem keeping my old quicken.com account.

Not planning on sharing QW< > QM.  Just want to see if I can live with QM.  I prefer OSX to Windows (and not paying for Parallels) but from what I have heard... Mac Version still has a ways to go before it can handle some of the things I do on the Windows side.

Thanks again.

You should not have any problem keeping your existing quicken.com account.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win7/Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• edited January 11

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11

Hi @ PutterFlutters ,

You need to manually uninstall Quicken 2016 and install Quicken 2018, which when updated will be Quicken 2019 version.

See these Articles: First one, as yet to be converted to Article from an Idea. Rewritten, today.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/installing-reinstalling-quicken-2016-flavors?rfm...

and

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/reinstalling-quicken-2018-for-windows?rfm=1&...

Make sure that you do a Manual Backup of your Quicken Data File(s), before upgrading.

This is Windows only, however, not Mac.

You need to manually uninstall Quicken 2016 and install Quicken 2018,
    NO,  NO, NO. There's no need to "manually uninstall Quicken" as the install of QW2018 will do it automatically as part of the install.

AND, you can NOT use the Windows Uninstall process to uninstall Q ... the Win process is insufficient and doesn't get all of the "pieces" that need to be removed.

ONLY the QCleanUI process/product can safely and completely uninstall Q.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"